★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Survival: The Wicked Forest.

After awakening in a forest cold and helpless, your mission is to survive. Forage the forest for crafting items, or scavenge scattered buildings to help your survivor cope with the dangers of The Wicked Forest. Beware the night, powerful lurking creatures will come until dawn.

Build up your own world by crafting shelters, buildings, water pumps, weapons or invade other worlds to steal supplies. Of all the dangers in The Dead Forest, be aware of others players. Will they be friend or foe? What will you be when you join another players world? Are they there to help you build your world or to steal your supplies and resources. Resources are fixed and will not replenish. Protect what you have. Play up to 12 players per world.

NOTICE! The Wicked Forest requires a network connection. iPhone 5 and equivalent and above.

Features
-Full online open world multiplayer
-Maintain hunger, thirst, health, and stamina.
-Create and defend your own world or invade another
-3rd Person/First person view
-Craft over 100 items
-Over 30 melee and firearm weapons
-Full building mechanics. Build wooden or stone forts and tents to shield you from the elements.
-Mining ores
-Scavenging system that includes entering buildings and looting items.
-RPG elements: Select a class, level up your character, and increase skills.
-Battle against hunters, undead, and other players.
-Full day/night cycle.
-Weather effects: Rain and fog.
-Complex backpack and inventory system.
-Customizable character clothing: Hats, shirts, pants, eyes, and shoes.

-Optional missions.

From the developer of Barren Roads.
02-25-2016, 03:50 PM
Your game looks awfully interesting. What engine did you use? On the fence on whether to buy it or not. Looks way better than Radiation Island...

02-25-2016, 04:41 PM
So I bought the game. Pretty disappointed at the moment. First off, the graphics in the game do not look like the graphics in the screen shots. I'm on an iPad Air 2, full resolution etc. The graphics are very choppy. The controls need a ton of work. Even after adjusting the sensitivity, I was walking around as well I had come off a 48 hour binger. The monster looking thing was kicking my ass, and left me no chance of surviving.

How do I use the gun? I see a pistol and some bullets, but I can't seem to use them. Please let me know. Regardless, I do appreciate the effort you put forth in this title.

Justin
02-26-2016, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancemanelk View Post
So I bought the game. Pretty disappointed at the moment. First off, the graphics in the game do not look like the graphics in the screen shots. I'm on an iPad Air 2, full resolution etc. The graphics are very choppy. The controls need a ton of work. Even after adjusting the sensitivity, I was walking around as well I had come off a 48 hour binger. The monster looking thing was kicking my ass, and left me no chance of surviving.

How do I use the gun? I see a pistol and some bullets, but I can't seem to use them. Please let me know. Regardless, I do appreciate the effort you put forth in this title.

Justin
Hi. Apologies for your initial run. You use the gun by sliding it in the boxes on the bottom. Then after you close the menu you can use the items by tapping on the box. To equip clothing you slide it over the character model. I didn't get any graphical issue suggestions from any of my iPad Air 2 Test flight testers, so I might have missed something. My store screen shots are from my test builds with an iPad Air.

I have graphical settings that you can adjust on the title screen under the options menu. Try adjusting the resolution or turning off the camera effects. That may help initially. On the top left of the screen are two numbers. One is the FPS. The other is your ping. What is the FPS? Does it fluctuate wildly?

Last edited by voncarp; 02-26-2016 at 12:48 PM. Reason: typo
02-27-2016, 02:19 PM
I will wait for some more impressions.
02-27-2016, 03:07 PM
Any feedback on this?
02-28-2016, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenan2000 View Post
I will wait for some more impressions.
Same
02-28-2016, 12:30 PM
Is there only Multiplayer possible or can i Play as Singleplayer against bots??
02-29-2016, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by der we View Post
Is there only Multiplayer possible or can i Play as Singleplayer against bots??
At the moment it is multiplayer only. It is really designed for WiFi.
02-29-2016, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEleven View Post
Any feedback on this?
fishdixgaming ran a 14+ hour stream on the game. He looked like he had a pretty good time to get that amount of hours out of it. If you jump around his stream you can see around 6:29 a bunch of guys he is interacting with in the stream. And he has generaly gameplay, interaction, shooting other players all around his stream.

Be aware his stream is for mature audiences only.

http://www.mobcrush.com/fishdixgamin...675268d2c855ad

Last edited by voncarp; 02-29-2016 at 12:56 PM. Reason: typos