★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Assassin's Creed Identity Off Topic Discourse

02-25-2016, 05:45 PM
Assassin's Creed Identity Off Topic Discourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by wim View Post
Asked a refund without explenation within 14 days

Its not that impresive

Really basic missions short game played 5/10 levels from campaign in 35 min

Gameplay is ok but basic

Not worth my time
Jesus man, you got some crazy high standards. Few years ago this game was only playable on pretty demanding PC platforms. Now its running on a god damn phone and thats not impressive enough for you.
02-25-2016, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by !nsomn!ac View Post
Jesus man, you got some crazy high standards. Few years ago this game was only playable on pretty demanding PC platforms. Now its running on a god damn phone and thats not impressive enough for you.
The original assassin's Creed was released nearly a decade ago and was a much bigger, more detailed and complex game than this. If you think this game is even remotely pushing the limits of what today's mobile devices are actually capable of you'd be very wrong.

Last edited by Der-Kleine; 02-25-2016 at 06:05 PM.

02-25-2016, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenohart View Post
Okay, I'm gonna risk getting banned here because TA forum rules lean towards shutting down all discussion of piracy, but I want to put forward one point of view so that it might help you or any other developers out there from seeing the opinions of someone who's seen the other side of the fence. I've noticed some trends among Android and iOS app users when it comes to piracy, and I hope this information helps in some way.

For Android, people pirate apps because cracked apps are better than buying it legit. Because of rampant piracy, many app devs put intrusive DRM on their apps like online requirements or even online verification checks it sends every so often. These even exist on apps that have iOS versions without these checks. Gameloft were the worst in this, Six Guns and Dungeon Hunter would lock you out of the app after a while and say "please connect to the internet to verify your game". But cracked apps specifically remove these online checks, so of course you would just use the cracked app instead. Additionally, whatever cracking scenes are on android are really on point. Every major app update gets cracked, different versions for different hardware, even modified installable files with inbuilt cheats, it's crazy. I don't know how to fix the Android app market. People SHOULD support developers, I'm all for that, but it's hard to really justify that to the average consumer if the pirated version has better features.

For iOS it's the opposite story, pirating apps is too damn hard. You need a jailbroken device in the first place, for many apps people don't bother cracking updates and for many others nobody bothers to crack them at all. Most of the file hosting sites for said cracked apps are dead. Nobody ever distributes cheat .ipas either, if you want to hack a game you have to figure out how yourself. You can still pirate apps, last I checked a pirate app market snuck its way onto the appstore itself. I checked it out to see if itwas real and it was, but I couldn't get anything to work. I think it involves exploiting enterprise certificates but they get revoked constantly and none of the apps would run. It doesn't even have every app on the appstore, just all the popular ones that I already own. I don't think anything needs fixing for iOS, app piracy exists but it's so much harder. It's just the chinese pirate app scene that still does anything, and they're A) Dodgy as hell and B) incredibly difficult and confusing to get to work.

For the record, I don't support app piracy. I buy all my apps and I got the receipts to prove it.

I'm just making the case here that Android and iOS are very different beasts when it comes to app piracy from an end-user standpoint, and an online-only requirement for a single player game is much harder to justify on iOS because iOS is already doing a much better job than Android of preventing it.
Lol, don't really have your finger on the pulse of much. This rubbish needs wiped.

Last edited by H4nd0fg0d; 02-25-2016 at 06:08 PM.
02-25-2016, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
The original assassin's Creed was released nearly a decade ago and was a much bigger, more detailed and complex game than this.
The original game cost twelve times as much as this game.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
02-25-2016, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
This is the most calming statement of the day.

GameCenter: cabuckn
02-25-2016, 06:11 PM
Quote:
And that is irrelevant here. !nsomn!ac's point was that we are supposed to be impressed by this, but I see nothing impressive about this game. That doesn't mean I expected it to be impressive, after all it wasn't like the game was going to radically change compared to what it was soft-launched as, and as you said yourself, it is significantly cheaper.

And that's kind of the problem. If people were willing to spend more, and old/budget devices weren't holding mobile as a platform as much, perhaps games would actually make use of the latest hardware.
When a game has to be cut back so much to reach a price point that there isn't anything particularly compelling left, what's the point in selling the game at all?
If you like this game, then great, but having something that vaguely resembels the basic mechanics of an assassin's creed game really isn't enough to interest me, and I'm sure there are others who have a similar oppínion of games like this.

Last edited by Der-Kleine; 02-25-2016 at 06:15 PM.
02-25-2016, 06:13 PM
Quote:
And that is irrelevant here. !nsomn!ac's point was that we are supposed to be impressed by this, but I see nothing impressive about this game. That doesn't mean I expected it to be impressive, after all it wasn't like the game was going to radically change compared to what it was soft-launched as, and as you said yourself, it is significantly cheaper.

And that's kind of the problem. If people were willing to spend more, and old/budget devices weren't holding mobile as a platform as much, perhaps games would actually make use of the latest hardware.
Then why are you even here?

02-25-2016, 06:14 PM
Quote:

When a game has to be cut back so much to reach a price point that there isn't anything particularly compelling left, what's the point in selling the game at all?
True that. I shudder at the thought of how compromised my games are on my 6s+ due to having to run on archaic devices.
02-25-2016, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Then why are you even here?
To discuss cheap mobile games, in this case AC Identity, duh. This is a forum for discussion after all. Is there anything wrong with pointing out why you're disappointed with the state of mobile gaming, using a particular new release as an example?

Praising games by simply saying that an aspect is good without saying why it is good really adds nothing to the discussion. I'd love to see people go more into detail about why they like or dislike a game. It kind of defeats the point of discussing a game when your answer to people who criticise it is "why are you even here".

Last edited by Der-Kleine; 02-25-2016 at 06:25 PM.
02-25-2016, 06:26 PM
Quote:
To discuss cheap mobile games, in this case AC Identity, duh. This is a forum for discussion after all. Is there anything wrong with pointing out why you're disappointed with the state of mobile gaming, using a particular new release as an example?

Unless there are features that are particularly well executed, praising games by simply saying that an aspect is good without saying why it is good really adds nothing to the discussion.
So you came into this thread for a game that isn't even out on a platform you own yet, you don't think looks impressive and already had made up your mind that you weren't going to be impressed with anyway, and then you bring up irrelevant topics like the original console game that came out ten years ago as well as put down someone who actually does enjoy the game on mobile.

Yes, I'll ask again, why are you here? Are you going to contribute to this thread in any meaningful way or continue spouting your normal bullshit?