★ TouchArcade is in READ ONLY mode this weekend while we upgrade. Please support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ryan McLeod
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 34.6 MB
  • Version: 1.4.16
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: So you think you understand this thing youre holding? Think again. Stop tapping. Stop swiping. In fact, stop touching the screen at all. To crack Blackboxs puzzles youll need to find solitude and stillness, climb mountains, call on friends, get in tune with the cosmos, and think outside the box.

Minimalistic visual clues make for incredibly satisfying Aha! moments, while sonic interfaces provide an extra level of guidance and nuance that makes Blackbox accessible with or without vision. Thoughtful haptic feedback, Easter eggs on Easter eggs, and solutions that cant be found beneath the glass of your screen redefine what a puzzle can be. Youll never see your device the same way again.

Think youre clever? Prove it.

(Blackbox is a living game under active development by Ryan McLeod. When not eating burritos or drinking coffee, hes busy designing and developing new Blackbox challenges.)

02-26-2016, 09:28 AM
I wish I was smart enough to play these games. Barely made it through the tutorial. No idea what to do on first level (yellow sun). Oh well. I'll wait for a walk through.

02-26-2016, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orton1227 View Post
No idea what to do on first level (yellow sun).
Think outside of the game. Most of these puzzles are about how we use the device itself. Also, there isn't a strict level progression. Complete in any order.

As for this one, you're close to the right idea, but it's not a sun. Look closely: does the sun look a little flat on one side? Also, did you play Sword and Sworcery and unlock anything special?

Sorry to not be more obvious (I trust I make myself obscure), but easy solutions ruin the game, because the pleasure is in the realization. I'm still puzzling out six purple lines.
02-27-2016, 02:23 AM
Great hints akhenaten. Spot on. As for those purple lines, does it look at all familiar?
02-27-2016, 02:25 AM
Anyway sorry I'm late to the party! Here's the original TA form post from the beta.

As a one man team I'm incredibly stoked right now because Blackbox just passed Candy Crush for free puzzles in the UK and passed Two Dots in the US! Insane! Let me know if you guys have any questions about… anything!
02-27-2016, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpling View Post
As for those purple lines, does it look at all familiar?
Let me say it this way: I used a hint on the leftmost square, and now have achieved the rightmost four squares. The leftmost two just aren't blinking. Hmmmmm
02-27-2016, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhenaten View Post
Let me say it this way: I used a hint on the leftmost square, and now have achieved the rightmost four squares. The leftmost two just aren't blinking. Hmmmmm
Gotcha, harmonics are tough Try letting them ring out as much as possible and see if that helps!
02-28-2016, 08:55 AM
Got it! 💜💜💜💜💜💜
02-28-2016, 03:15 PM
There's a few I haven't got, but most of those I know how to get, I just haven't been able to yet. The Siri-style one is really bothering me. I've tried saying "Hey, Blackbox" and the line goes briefly purple but I can't fill the box

The others that I can't make sense of are the turquoise box in the bottom left and the last of the four orange boxes.
02-28-2016, 03:52 PM
How will I know the difference between the limitations of my iPad and me being dumb?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1675.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	100107