★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ryan McLeod
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 34.6 MB
  • Version: 1.3.6
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: "A game so intelligent, I might call it sexy" HoldingOut4Updates

Unlike anything youve ever played before App Advice

"Constant how-did-they-do-that moments" Skottk

"Utterly diabolical and utterly brilliant" CNET

Undeniably unique Todays iPhone

Devilishly clever Six Colors

-==============================-

BEAUTIFULLY CLEVER

With ample satisfying "ah hah!" moments and puzzles as artful and clever as they are challenging, Blackbox is as delightful to play as it is to look at and hold.

SATISFYINGLY SURPRISING

Frustrating, fun, and full of surprises Theres more to Blackbox than meets the eye. Can you find all the meta challenges?

HINTS

Every challenge has been tuned to be on the cusp of maddening but always solvable. Some challenges take time, perseverance, and perspective to understand, but if youre really stumped rest assured there are hints. To enjoy the game to its fullest, only use them as a last resort!

LEVEL PACKS

Blackbox is jam-packed with 45 free challenges. Get far enough and you'll get the option to pay to unlock more advanced challenges and support the game's future development (and keep it ad free)!

Good luck,
~Ryan

-==============================-

More challenges are in the works!

ADD ME ON INSTAGRAM
instagram.com/blackboxpuzzles
LET'S BE FACEBOOK FRIENDS
facebook.com/blackboxpuzzles
FOLLOW THE LATEST ON TWITTER
twitter.com/blackboxpuzzles
02-26-2016, 09:28 AM
I wish I was smart enough to play these games. Barely made it through the tutorial. No idea what to do on first level (yellow sun). Oh well. I'll wait for a walk through.

02-26-2016, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orton1227 View Post
No idea what to do on first level (yellow sun).
Think outside of the game. Most of these puzzles are about how we use the device itself. Also, there isn't a strict level progression. Complete in any order.

As for this one, you're close to the right idea, but it's not a sun. Look closely: does the sun look a little flat on one side? Also, did you play Sword and Sworcery and unlock anything special?

Sorry to not be more obvious (I trust I make myself obscure), but easy solutions ruin the game, because the pleasure is in the realization. I'm still puzzling out six purple lines.
02-27-2016, 02:23 AM
Great hints akhenaten. Spot on. As for those purple lines, does it look at all familiar?
02-27-2016, 02:25 AM
Anyway sorry I'm late to the party! Here's the original TA form post from the beta.

As a one man team I'm incredibly stoked right now because Blackbox just passed Candy Crush for free puzzles in the UK and passed Two Dots in the US! Insane! Let me know if you guys have any questions about… anything!
02-27-2016, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpling View Post
As for those purple lines, does it look at all familiar?
Let me say it this way: I used a hint on the leftmost square, and now have achieved the rightmost four squares. The leftmost two just aren't blinking. Hmmmmm
02-27-2016, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhenaten View Post
Let me say it this way: I used a hint on the leftmost square, and now have achieved the rightmost four squares. The leftmost two just aren't blinking. Hmmmmm
Gotcha, harmonics are tough Try letting them ring out as much as possible and see if that helps!
02-28-2016, 08:55 AM
Got it! 💜💜💜💜💜💜
02-28-2016, 03:15 PM
There's a few I haven't got, but most of those I know how to get, I just haven't been able to yet. The Siri-style one is really bothering me. I've tried saying "Hey, Blackbox" and the line goes briefly purple but I can't fill the box

The others that I can't make sense of are the turquoise box in the bottom left and the last of the four orange boxes.
02-28-2016, 03:52 PM
How will I know the difference between the limitations of my iPad and me being dumb?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1675.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	100107