★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Vainglory or Call of Champions

02-26-2016, 10:32 AM
Vainglory or Call of Champions

Not asking which is "better". I'm curious which of the two games you primarily play and why?

Care to get a discussion going here? I feel like mobile MOBAs are going to really start taking off so I'm going to pour some time into them, but I'd rather focus on only one of them

GameCenter: cabuckn
02-26-2016, 03:49 PM
I prefer Vainglory. You level up while in a match. There are item upgrades to buy in match. It's a full blown moba for your smart phone/tablet. Call of Champions is a super streamlined moba. No leveling up while in match. No items to buy at all. CoC has fast queue times (10-30 seconds). Vainglory has about a minute queue. Matches in Vainglory typically last 15-30 minutes. Matches in CoC are a maximum of 5 minutes. When I tried CoC the matches are over so fast I felt like I never had a chance to understand what was going on. So yeah Vainglory > Call of Champions by a landslide. I will say that if you're going to play Vainglory it is advantageous to play on a tablet if possible. It's still playable on a phone but I always felt like I was at a disadvantage when I'd play on my iPhone 6 instead of playing on my iPad Air.

02-26-2016, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangbone View Post
I prefer Vainglory. You level up while in a match. There are item upgrades to buy in match. It's a full blown moba for your smart phone/tablet. Call of Champions is a super streamlined moba. No leveling up while in match. No items to buy at all. CoC has fast queue times (10-30 seconds). Vainglory has about a minute queue. Matches in Vainglory typically last 15-30 minutes. Matches in CoC are a maximum of 5 minutes. When I tried CoC the matches are over so fast I felt like I never had a chance to understand what was going on. So yeah Vainglory > Call of Champions by a landslide. I will say that if you're going to play Vainglory it is advantageous to play on a tablet if possible. It's still playable on a phone but I always felt like I was at a disadvantage when I'd play on my iPhone 6 instead of playing on my iPad Air.
I'll be using an iPhone 6. Hopefully that'll be enough to handle the game. Vainglory seems really good and I see it on Mobcrush daily.

Doesn't seem TOO greedy for cash either, which is always nice.

GameCenter: cabuckn
02-26-2016, 04:10 PM
It can definitely handle the game. I just found it harder to tap on mobs and heroes I'm trying to kill
02-26-2016, 04:13 PM
Oh and you definitely don't need to spend money on it. If you play enough you can probably get like 1 new hero every month or so. I started playing in early December and have like 13 heroes I think. Although I have spent $30. Used that to get Kestrel, Reim (whose horrible), and like 1-2 other heroes. The rest were bought with currency earned from playing.
02-26-2016, 04:15 PM
This is the game I play the most. Even more so than my PS3, Wii U, or 3DS games. If I could afford it I would buy an iPad Pro just for this game. It's that good.
02-26-2016, 04:45 PM
Good to hear!
02-27-2016, 09:47 AM
Did you try it out yet? How'd it go?
02-27-2016, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangbone View Post
Did you try it out yet? How'd it go?
Did a few bot matches. It's pretty fun, albeit a tad difficult on an iPhone.

The game looks amazing.