★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Time for a Fishing Break!

Get on your boat and go on a fishing trip all around the world. Catch big rare fish, upgrade your gear, and build your collection!

Try it and get hooked :)

Features:
Simple to play yet offers a nice challenge
Leaderboards for each fish to compete against your friends and the world
Achievements based on dubious puns
25 fishing spots in 9 gorgeous worlds
Hundreds of different fish (including sharks, wait until you see it!)
Over 200 special elemental fish (light, dark, grass, electric, fire and ice!)
Hours of relaxing fishing fun

Please share the game with your friends and rate it in the store!

Please get in touch with us if you experience any issue through the Support feature in the options menu or at the following email: support@roofdog.ca

You can also send us bad fish puns and we'll probably add achievements based on them :p

yome's comments:
ATTENTION: ALL friend code requests MUST go in this thread here: Fishing Break - Friend Codes

ANY post with a friend code in THIS thread will be moved and/or deleted. The add me requests were getting out of hand and distracting from the discussion of the game itself. THANKS!

- TA Admins

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

just to let you know that the worldwide release will take place Thursday next week, on February 25th 2016.

Also, if you have problems catching special fish try this: you need to get them interested to the bait, and get a small fish to eat the bait. Often, the special fish will get mad at this and eat the small fish on the hook

Here's our release trailer:

Cheers!

02-24-2016, 06:23 PM
Fun game, wish it wasn't so big though 500mb is a good chunk.

02-25-2016, 02:54 AM
Hi devs, love this sweet little game.

Could we reuse the bait if we didn't catch anything?

Currently even getting the basic bait for the first pond seems overly expensive to me, so either give us cheaper bait or allow us to reuse bait.

I feel like I'm mainly fishing from the kiddy pool to get the gold I need for a chance to fish elsewhere.
02-25-2016, 08:00 AM
You open the box and "Already owned basic hook, red cap...... (wait for xx min to open same box that contains another item you already own)". Such a brilliant idea from developers.

Gamecenter: Gluskapp
02-25-2016, 02:30 PM
In the beta you used to be able to catch smaller fish and let them dance around the water surface, using them as bait to catch the larger/special fish. At some point one of the updates removed this functionality but a dev post claimed they didn't change anything. Can anyone confirm whether or not this functionality still works?

It's really a deal breaker for me if it doesn't still work because otherwise buying premium bait becomes a pretty big paywall. Using the smaller fish to catch bigger ones was a challenge and a good free alternative, IMO.
02-25-2016, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflesandbeer View Post
In the beta you used to be able to catch smaller fish and let them dance around the water surface, using them as bait to catch the larger/special fish. At some point one of the updates removed this functionality but a dev post claimed they didn't change anything. Can anyone confirm whether or not this functionality still works?

It's really a deal breaker for me if it doesn't still work because otherwise buying premium bait becomes a pretty big paywall. Using the smaller fish to catch bigger ones was a challenge and a good free alternative, IMO.
Been playing a bit more and while it doesn't happen very often, I've seen larger fish chomping on smaller ones I had on the lone twice. Perhaps they've reduced the chance of it occurring?
02-25-2016, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflesandbeer View Post

Happened a few times but the little fish was always right by the larger fish and both were moving towards the bait at the same time. It's like the larger fish gets pissed and eats whatever's on the hook, but only if they're competing. Never saw a "dancing on top of the water" type thing tho.

Also props to the devs for a good friend system. I get rewarded for inputting your code and you get rewarded too. Perfect.

Last edited by panama chief; 02-25-2016 at 02:57 PM.
02-25-2016, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panama chief View Post
Happened a few times but the little fish was always right by the larger fish and both were moving towards the bait at the same time. It's like the larger fish gets pissed and eats whatever's on the hook, but only if they're competing. Never saw a "dancing on top of the water" type thing tho.

Also props to the devs for a good friend system. I get rewarded for inputting your code and you get rewarded too. Perfect.
This is how the dev said it was working the whole time but it wasn't in my experience. Used to be you could just let a small fish swim around on your hook while you waited for a special fish to show up. Then you reeled it up to the surface to splash around which would get the special fish's attention and sometimes they'd bite. It was slower than just using premium bait, but it worked consistently. This stopped working after one of the updates.

They either need to bring this back or make it so special bait ONLY attracts special fish and not others. Otherwise it will be so expensive to complete the game. Shame, because this game is awesome otherwise.
02-25-2016, 06:55 PM
leveling up your gear

I'm enjoying the game so far. I've been playing pocket mine 2 for a very long time so I'm in it for the long game but I have a question about the attack power of my gear vs the fish. How is it that a fish with 60 or 70 power can just break my line when I have 100 on my pole? Does the fishing line, reel, and gloves help add to it?
02-25-2016, 07:29 PM
Loving this. I used to have free time, but... Fishing Break.