An Online Tool for Game Devs

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by mindmagicgames, Feb 29, 2016.

1. mindmagicgames

mindmagicgames Active Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Game Developer
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Hi!

I'm not really new to TouchArcade, but I haven't been around as long as some of you. As such, I'm more of a watcher than someone who actively comments. With 1 2-year old and another along the way, I have to pick and choose my games and the game of the week helps with that. I don't always agree with them, but it helps me pick and choose a lot easier.

Today's post isn't about myself. It's about a campaign that I've started. This campaign will change the indie game dev landscape by providing royalty free graphics and sounds from artists in one easy to use location.

When I started, it was tough to find quality assets that fit the game I was building. Sure, there are some great ones out there, but never the ones I needed. To fix this for other budding game devs, I want to create an online tool that will provide graphics and a way to create Sprite sheets. Getting graphics into the hands of developers is one less barrier for indies to overcome.

If you have a moment, I'd love for you to check out my campaign at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/royalty-free-graphics-for-game-developers/x/13206058#/. I'm not looking for only financial backing, but feedback and getting the word out about this campaign. Even if you can't support a few bucks, A social share would help out a lot.

Thank you for taking the time to read my little post!
    - Daniel

p.s. I'm not actively contributing to the Patreon. However, I will be investing advertising money for an upcoming game - Legendary Kingdoms. I hope to release it in 4-6 weeks.