★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Bored Ogre - Human Golf at Ogre scale

02-29-2016, 02:16 PM
Bored Ogre - Human Golf at Ogre scale

Hi all, i'm here to write our latest "small project" : Bored Ogre which is still in development but almost done.

First a little bit of story
Quote:
Once upon a time, on the highest of mountains, in the biggest of castles, lived a lonely giant ogre. Knights from all around the world would make the journey to his castle to defeat him and gain eternal glory, unfortunately for them nobody ever came back.
Being very lonely the ogre would not kill the knights, he would trap them, feed them and mostly use them for his own entertainment.
In Bored Ogre, players will play as the Ogre as he tries to complete an increasingly difficult set of levels in which he has to launch the knights in specific targets, very similar to golf, but played on his dinner tables and using spoons instead of clubs.

More details will come, but in the meantime take look at a preview video !

Stay tuned for more infos, and please don't hold any questions, feedback and ideas you might have.

Thanks for your time !
02-29-2016, 03:28 PM
This looks like fun! Looking forward to checking it out.

02-29-2016, 03:40 PM
Just watched the video and laughed my ass off. Great looking fun man. It's been added to my watchlist.

If we could harvest human stupidity to run our electricity, and our cars, the world would see a new era of clean, renewable energy. That's an amazing resource we're wasting.
02-29-2016, 05:36 PM
Looks fantastic !!!!
Era?
03-01-2016, 01:01 AM
very interesting

i subscribe as tester )) i want to smash some cups with this hobbit too!
03-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Great thanks for the kind words and feedback ! We are having a great deal of fun developing Bored Ogre, but can't yet commit to a release date. Can probably say that it should not take more than 1 month of additional work to release it.

In the meantime the Ogre got a new entertainment device and he will soon post about it
03-01-2016, 08:01 PM
New knight powered Hi-Fi . Ogre HAPPY !!
03-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Yea it does look pretty good I'm excited to see how it turns out. I love the theme.
03-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchmint View Post
Yea it does look pretty good I'm excited to see how it turns out. I love the theme.
Thanks ! We have set up a great series of fun "obstacles" the Knight has to avoid / fly through to complete the levels.

Other thing we haven't yet mentioned is that while the knight is "flying" you can use the accelerometer to slightly adjust his trajectory, allowing for cooler launches and more variation on how a user can take on a level.

Hope to have soon more info and screenshots.

Great thanks to all again for the cool feedback
03-19-2016, 12:11 PM
Here is a fast gameplay video of one of the levels, there are still many placeholder assets and video doesn't convey the device "tilting" to slightly steer the knight while in air, but it should give a decent idea of actual game play.