★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Welcome to CHASED BY THE SUN, the not-so-endless runner starring the tiny green spaceship with the gigantic ball of thermonuclear plasma in hot pursuit!

You know that scene at the end of a summer movie, when the hero has blown up the evil base but has only a minute to get away from the fireball before it engulfs them?

That's what CHASED is all about. Every level is like the explosive climax of an action film: a huge chase scene with chain reactions, close calls, and a narrow escape from any of 5 massive stars that tail you through gorgeous and deadly scenery, complete with ice to shatter, rocks to fling, moons to detonate and a series of black holes that...well, just watch out for them.

Be warned: CHASED does not pull punches. It's an intense challenge. But with dynamic difficulty adjustment (not to mention checkpoints, shields, and unlimited lives!) the game allows newcomers of any skill level to experience everything it has to offer, all while giving expert pilots the tools to optimize their routes and compete for the best times.

There are no ads. There are no in-app purchases. We think CHASED BY THE SUN is a phenomenal trip without any of that extra clutter along for the ride.

Give it a try!

- Half Glass Games

Boardumb's comments:


03-01-2016, 12:24 PM
#2
Looks cool. I'll try it out.

Edit: So I'm just getting the Unity logo, music then a black screen. Tried restarting my device but no luck. Also deleted and reinstalled the game. iPhone 6 iOS 9.2.1

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 03-01-2016 at 01:36 PM.

03-01-2016, 07:25 PM
#3
Looking into it!

We've heard of a few users having this problem, both platforms - the majority seem to have no issue. We're looking into it and will update as we learn more. Thanks for posting your device model and iOS version - if anyone else for whom the game is working (or not) does the same, that'll help us narrow it down!

- JR
03-02-2016, 02:22 AM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfGlassGames View Post
We've heard of a few users having this problem, both platforms - the majority seem to have no issue. We're looking into it and will update as we learn more. Thanks for posting your device model and iOS version - if anyone else for whom the game is working (or not) does the same, that'll help us narrow it down!

- JR
Thanks for the response! Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.
03-02-2016, 01:06 PM
#5
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
Thanks for the response! Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.
I'm having the same problem. Same iOS version, iPhone 6s. Hope it's fixed soon.
03-02-2016, 05:02 PM
#6
After the Unity splash page, I get nothing but a black page with music playing as well. Using an iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 9.2.1. Even after a reboot, same thing.
03-02-2016, 07:41 PM
#7
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: NYC suburbs (New Jersey)
Posts: 1,257
iPad Air 2 128 gig works fine and dandy with your game. I hope you solve the problems others are facing. It is definitely a cool game😁
03-03-2016, 01:33 PM
#8
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 9
I have an iPad air 2with 128 gigs, and all I get is a black screen when I try to load it.
03-03-2016, 02:02 PM
#9
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,441
Since I have the exact same phone and OS as AKD I'll be happy to pay and download this once the black screen of death is fixed. It looks like a very fun game. I love the trailer video.

Please keep us updated dev. I look forward to playing!

Billy
03-03-2016, 03:43 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
Since I have the exact same phone and OS as AKD I'll be happy to pay and download this once the black screen of death is fixed. It looks like a very fun game. I love the trailer video.

Please keep us updated dev. I look forward to playing!

Billy
Cool man. I hope he remembers to check back here. I originally gave him the link to this thread on Twitter. I'll write him a quick message.