★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tiki Towers Bug?

12-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Tiki Towers Bug?

I am trying to complete level 7 (Obnoxious Obstacles) on the Mystery Island.

No matter what I do, those "gosh darn friggin monkeys" just will not climb the bamboo. I've tried everything. I've even constructed a bamboo ladder right over their box so that they are touching it when I start the level. They ignore it. They get sad faces and shrug their shoulders. Then I fail the level.

I've tried everything I can think of. I've restarted the level so many times I've lost count. I've also closed and restarted the game. I've even rebooted my iphone (I thought this was a better option than throwing it across the room). But still they act like the bamboo is invisible.

Now maybe I've missed something. I have completed all the other levels on every island. I got gold masks on all bar two. So I'm not really keen to uninstall and reinstall the game at this late stage.

Is this a bug? Did anyone else have this problem? Or have I missed something really obvious?
12-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_mani View Post

No matter what I do, those "gosh darn friggin monkeys" just will not climb the bamboo. I've tried everything. I've even constructed a bamboo ladder right over their box so that they are touching it when I start the level. They ignore it. They get sad faces and shrug their shoulders. Then I fail the level.

I've tried everything I can think of. I've restarted the level so many times I've lost count. I've also closed and restarted the game. I've even rebooted my iphone (I thought this was a better option than throwing it across the room). But still they act like the bamboo is invisible.

Now maybe I've missed something. I have completed all the other levels on every island. I got gold masks on all bar two. So I'm not really keen to uninstall and reinstall the game at this late stage.

Is this a bug? Did anyone else have this problem? Or have I missed something really obvious?
I'm also having trouble on this level. They climb my initial structure, but once they hit solid ground they stop. It has made me put the game away for a while. Looking forward to someone who can help.

12-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Aww I just reset to get more gameplay or I'd post the solution :-(

If I remember correctly, you need to make sure they have a path all the way to the end or they'll give up because htere's multiple possabilities
12-23-2008, 08:50 PM
I would appreciate a solution for the Barbeque Pit island level called Towering Inferno
12-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_mani View Post

Not a bug
I'll try to put my snapshots together...hopefully this will help

Edit: Not sure how helpful that is with pics all sideways and stuff....maybe I'll try again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 003.png
Views:	79
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	346   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 004.png
Views:	38
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	347   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 002.png
Views:	39
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	348  

Name:	Picture 001.png
Views:	40
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	349   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 005.png
Views:	38
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	350  

Last edited by Mr. Charley; 12-23-2008 at 09:07 PM.
12-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post
I would appreciate a solution for the Barbeque Pit island level called Towering Inferno
As requested
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 016.png
Views:	66
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	351   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 017.png
Views:	48
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	352  
12-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Woot, Thanks!

Last edited by DanM; 12-23-2008 at 09:21 PM.
12-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks to everyone, particularly Mr Charley.

Unfortunately that does not help.

The problem is not that there is no path to the end.

The problem is those monkeys will not even attempt to try. They will NOT move past their fricking box. They ignore all the bamboo. They get sad faces and shrug and sometimes jump up and down on the spot and then the level is over.

I originally set up the bamboo so that they had to climb the pre-existing metal bamboo that is already on the screen. Like in the first screen shot by Mr Charley. But they did nothing. They did not even go near it. They just stood at their box. So then I took bamboo from elsewhere and added bamboo to that section thinking maybe it wasn't low enough for them to climb. It made no difference. So then I built a small bridge from above. Still they don't budge. So I tried adding still more bamboo. And you guessed it they just act like it isn't there. They do not even budge from in front of their box. I've attached a screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	monkeys.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	353  
12-23-2008, 09:37 PM
please add more screenshots...of the whole level?
12-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by writingsama View Post
please add more screenshots...of the whole level?
Do you mean for me or Mr Charley? If you mean for me then there is no point. The monkeys will not even move from their box. I ended up taking bamboo from other parts of the level to try and entice them to climb (see the bamboo the monkeys are standing in front of) but they still will not move. This means that my structures for the rest of the level are now not complete. No point in seeing screenshots of my now incomplete structures.