★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Fridger - (now with weekly levels!) - Opening Sale!

10-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Send a message via MSN to Jyaw3
Fridger - (now with weekly levels!) - Opening Sale!

Hey Everybody!
It's out!

Fridger - $0.99 Opening Sale

Fridger is a fairly simple to play puzzle game, yet difficult to master. (Say the people that've tested it) The goal is simple get Fridger to the Ice Cubes. The catch, everything moves when Fridger moves. Not to mention, there are various obstacles in your way. I've designed it so that levels shouldn't be THAT hard, but might be quite difficult to solve using the minimum number of moves.

[Copy And Pasted from iTunes Store, since it's not showing properly]
-------------------------------
------- OPENING SALE!!! ----
-------------------------------

Fridger is a new puzzle game that involves sliding Fridger and everything else at the same time.

While the game may look simple, it's hard to master. Each level has the minimum number of moves required for it. (The best possible)

Features
- 60 Levels
- Touch or Tilt controls, it's up to you!
- Wide Range of Levels from easy to hard with varying obstacles
- Fun quirky animations
- An illustrative art style

Note: It can take a computer upwards of an hour to solve some of the harder levels, see if you're smarter and faster than a computer.

----------------------------------
Updates
- I already have a "daily" puzzle feature just about ready to go, but I need your feed back as to whether levels are too easy/hard. I plan to have the ability to upload your name/score and award prizes (hopefully)
So please let me know at
josh(dot)yaw(at)gmail(dot)com

And if you like puzzle games - Check out my first game: "2 Block" and see what people have to say about it

Here's the promo vid:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Future Plans
I plan to include more levels in a future update, but also a daily/weekly online feature that will allow you to connect to the net and download a level (with no minimum moves listed) so players can upload their name and score and see how good they are. I would like to hold competitions with prizes, but this will really depend on if I can get some money to offer prizes. Regardless, I'll put a daily feature in though.

Note:could someone test if it's showing up in iTunes for me with an actual description. Just says "test" to me

Josh Yaw - www.subtractionstudios.com
iPhone/iPod Touch Games
2 Block - Released! July 23
Fridger - Released Oct 6!

Last edited by Jyaw3; 10-06-2009 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Apple iTunes Store screwing me over
10-06-2009, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

10-06-2009, 12:19 AM
yup, it just says "test" in the app description

Quote:
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
10-06-2009, 12:28 AM
Send a message via MSN to Jyaw3
ughh...all the other iTunes Stores show it properly but the US...

Josh Yaw - www.subtractionstudios.com
iPhone/iPod Touch Games
2 Block - Released! July 23
Fridger - Released Oct 6!
10-06-2009, 05:54 AM
@Jyaw3: Time to edit your sig hehe
Anyway, still waiting for Fridger to be released on my store. Can't wait

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
10-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Anybody play this yet? Looks cool but it only has one screenshot and I couldn't really make out the game play in the video cuz it didn't like complete a whole level. I got the sliding and obstacles slide with you stuff but not what to do for completion etc.
10-06-2009, 01:43 PM
This looks like it could be good but it is hard to tell from the short vid and the screen shots.

Is there a tilt only option, or do you need to swipe? Also, is this similar to anything out there?
10-06-2009, 01:47 PM
you can tilt or swipe...the game's premise is that you have this creature Fridger you need to get to a hole. Each time you give him a direction to go he slildes until he encounters an obstacle and the snowballs move with him. It's a puzzle game where you're trying to get Fridger to the goal in as few moves as possible. There are other obstacles as well and the puzzles get more complex as you progress in levels.

Quote:
Quote:
10-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Sokoban type?
10-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Sokoban type?
I played/tested it before it was released. The core of the gameplay is like Shift or Ivory Tiles but with more things added in. To me the only thing the game was really lacking was sound. I think the gameboard could've been made bigger in relation to the iphone screen as well. But overall it is a fun puzzle game.