Universal Adventure To Fate : Quest To The Future JRPG (by TouchMint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 2, 2016.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel

Adventure To Fate : Quest To The Future JRPG

TouchMint
    >>A 2016 RPG of the YEAR! -TouchArcade<< Adventure To Fate : Quest To The Future - is an JRPG style dungeon crawler gam…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    >>A 2016 RPG of the YEAR! -TouchArcade<< Adventure To Fate : Quest To The Future - is an JRPG style dungeon crawler game -Tons of character creation possibles (8 Classes, 20+ Pets, 6 Professions) -450+ items to loot, craft, buy and find. -170 unique monsters to fight -Fully accessible to the blind using Voiceover Quest To The Future Story Our biggest fears have come to fruition, the defenses of the dimensional ports have failed. An evil force has laid to waste our guards and now pours through the portals without resistance. We've brought you here as our last chance at stopping this evil. You're one of the select few that have used the portals before, to come here for a better life, but in our darkest hour we turn to you one last time, to go back and triumph where we failed. With our guards and roads destroyed, getting back to the portals will not be easy, as this invasion has crippled our ability to send forces en masse to clear a path. You'll be forced down, through the sewers that run underground to the ruins, into the crypt where the portal to the future lies. You must make haste we don't have much time! - Customize Your Hero - 8 Classes - Mercenary, Assassin, Cultist, Mutant, Priestess, Ranger, Time Guardian, Arcane Archer 6 Professions - Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Leatherworker, Tailor, Jeweler, Alchemist 20+ Pets to accompany you in battle Leveling system that goes up to 27 levels - Crafting System - 6 Professions - Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Leatherworker, Tailor, Jeweler, Alchemist 200+ Items to craft 30+ Materials to work with Share Items between characters using the Account Vault - Explore Time - 5 Themed Areas from the Past and Future (Sewers, Ruins, Crypt, Frozen Wastelands, Earth Core) Over 2100 rooms to explore, search, and loot. Each area has its own unique enemies, spells, shops, treasures, items and much more! - In Depth Stat & Skill System - Featuring 200+ Spells/Skills Damaging skills - These are direct physical attacks that damage the enemy Damaging spells - These are direct magical attacks that damage the enemy Damaging All spells (AOE) - These are direct magical attacks that damage ALL enemies Summoning spells - Allows certain enemies to summon others to help Healing HP spells - These are spells that heal the casters life/hitpoints (HP) Healing SP spells - These are spells that heal the casters skill points (SP) Buffing skills - A skill that user casts on itself to raise some stats Debuffing skills - A skill the caster casts on enemies to lower some stats Mimicking skills - Use the enemies skills against them Taunts - Enemies you must attack first Death Spawns - Enemies that spawn others upon death Confusing Skills - Enemies that are confused might attack themselves or other monsters - Endless Loot & Treasures - 500+ unique items 12 equipment slots to to fully customize your characters - (Weapon, Shield, Helmet, Chest, Gloves, Legs, Boots, Belt, Bracelet, Necklace, 2x Rings) Randomized drops on all monsters Item rarity color system (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary) *Share* all your items with the Account Vault System. - Other Features - Game Center Leaderboard enabled. Indie created game built for the people! 100s of hours of game play between all classes! Autosave feature - Easy to pick up and play at any time! Unlimited character slots so you can try every combination possible. Retro Pixel Art 8Bit sound/music Library system that explains general game, character, skills and combat systems. Fully accessible for the vision impaired using Voice Over. Thanks for taking a look!
    Information
    Seller:TouchMint
    Genre:Adventure, Role Playing
    Release:Mar 02, 2016
    Updated:Aug 29, 2016
    Version:1.3
    Size:69.8 MB
    User Rating: (14)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    On this!!

3. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I beta tested this and cannot stamp enough seals of approval. It expands vastly upon the two previous games and if you are at all a fan of rpg's you must buy this!

4. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Anyone know the "estimated" hours of gameplay?

5. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Can you move the virtual D-pad? Having it in the right hand side feels like a strange choice.

6. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    #6 Touchmint, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  7. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    That's how I move :)

8. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    I beta tested this, too, and it is soooooo awesome! I really can't recommend it highly enough. It is super fun!

9. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Thanks for the post metal and thanks for all the support guys I can't wait to see what everyone thinks.

I'm think about doing a contest over the weekend to see who can get the highest Game Center score and doing iTunes cards or something for the top 3 or so scores does that interest anyone?

10. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Yay! I greatly enjoyed the previous two games and I am downloading this as I type. Gonna be a fun night between this and Dungelot. ☺️#

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Intrigued! How much tactical depth is there to the combat mechanics?

12. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    While I do want to start with it being very approachable but it is also is very indepth.

The combat itself is turn-based but with effects like taunts, reflect damage, confusion and poisons just to name a few you'll have to be tactical about it.

There are currently 6 classes, over 200 skills and on top of that about 15 pets that you will have to choose from once you find them.

The pets act as a another party member that you can switch out depending on your strategy or build.

On top of all that you have 6 professions which will put decide the best type of items you can craft.

13. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #13 Ayjona, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    Sold!

Still curious, though, since I haven't the time to test it tonight, and I figure you talking more about the games in the TA forums will definitively not affect sales adversely ;): how much tactical choice do I have in combat?

(I.e., do I just attack, and rely on equipment and buffs to provide the effects you mention - placing the tactical emphasis on character building and gear loadouts - or is there a selection of abilities to choose between in any given combat situation?)

EDIT: Oh, I had actually overlooked the combat screenshots. I can clearly see the answer to above query in the hotbar with a host of skills ;) I've a particular dislike for Final Fantasy-style immobile turn-based battles, and always decry the loss of the additional tactical depth that comes from positioning and terrain modifiers, but Quest to the Future sounds appealing enough, in enough ways, that I'll bite regardless!

14. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    Will I be able to play without access to Gamecenter? I'm one of those who encountered the annoying bug, unfortunately.

15. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

No good question!

So you'll start with a basic attack as well as 2 skills after that every 3 levels you'll get a new skill. You only have 6 skill slots during battle so later on you'll have to choose which skills to take to battle.

You'll also have pets which you start with and find along the way or as rewards. They will act as another party member that you can switch out depending on your tactics. They each have their own skills plus a passive skill that boosts certain player stats. For example if you are a ranger focusing on poison damage you might want to use a pet that gives a boost to chance to poison.

16. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Game Center is only for top scores. I may add achievements later but the game is Totally offline.

No Game Center login needed.

17. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Are the levels random too?

And are all Touchmint games in a series or standalones?

18. Retro Nug

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    If you mean like is there a continuing story or something then the answer is no. You can play any of em in any order.

19. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Buying this now. Looks incredible.

20. Retro Nug

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    At the beginning of the game there's a typo. Gnak says "an evil force has laid to waste our guards"

Shouldn't it be "an evil force has laid waste to our guards"?