★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Winner 'Upcoming Game Of The Year' - NASSCOM Game Developer's Conference, India

Finalist 'Indie Prize Showcase' - Casual Connect San Francisco 2015

"The Light Inside Us combines the quick-thinking of tower defense, the planning and timing of a fast-paced strategy games, and the satisfaction of shoot 'em ups." - Pocket Gamer

The Light Inside Us is an abstract action/strategy game set in an isometric world where light is sentient. You control a body made up of small particles which are the children of light, and you must guide them through a strange and tough world to reunite them with their mother.

By going through differently colored regions you are equipped with different powers. You must use these powers to shoot and convert other sinister corrupted light which try to erode away all your particles. Every shot takes up some of your own particles, and every enemy you convert add to your particles creating an intense trade-off system. You must destroy all the enemies without losing all your particles, and make every shot count!

The world is also filled with elements like gravity wells, portals, barriers and many other features which can aid or hinder you depending on how you use them. Finish all 55 levels and live the adventure of the children of light in this mysterious land.

- Supports iCloud sync across multiple devices
- Supports seamless sharing of game-play videos
03-03-2016, 03:33 AM
For what this game lacks in graphics, it more than makes up in the gameplay department. Really enjoying this and finding it incredibly hard to put down.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

03-03-2016, 12:09 PM
I've been waiting for this game for a while, I thought the discussion would be a lot more active.
03-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Happy to see this is out now. Been waiting for it too.
03-03-2016, 08:28 PM
This looks brilliant, I was wondering how it controls, it looks like time stops while you take your shots? Instabuy either way.

Off topic - not a bad thing but it reminds me of another similar looking but completely different game that had a sequel. I own both but can't remember the name, anyone? This made me want to play them again.

Edit: Cubemen 1 & 2

Last edited by Son of Anarchy; 03-03-2016 at 11:06 PM.
03-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Well time slows down when you're aiming and doesn't stop entirely. The controls are tap to move... and long tap to aim and release to shoot.

I'm curious about these games you mentioned.
We did get some inspiration from Rymdkapsel and even Transistor to an extent.... would love to see what other games this resembles
03-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Rymdkapsel And Transistor are two of my most favorite mobile games of all time. As well I had this game on my wishlist ever since I read the first article on it here. Just picked it up a few hours ago. Going to give it a go now.
03-03-2016, 10:08 PM
This looks interesting. Might have to buy this. It doesn't look like much, but the gameplay could be very solid.
03-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Bought the game, I really liked it, if only the graphics could be crispier (letters and numbers especially) in my iPad
But great game anyway. Thanks devs!

Last edited by PrimoBr; 03-03-2016 at 10:18 PM.
03-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slarti88 View Post
Well time slows down when you're aiming and doesn't stop entirely. The controls are tap to move... and long tap to aim and release to shoot.

I'm curious about these games you mentioned.
We did get some inspiration from Rymdkapsel and even Transistor to an extent.... would love to see what other games this resembles
Hey friend, thanks for answering and being in the forums. Controls are perfect, I'm super pleased with the game. Your inspiration source is golden, they both are great games. I had to search but eventually found what I was thinking of, the games were called Cubemen 1 & 2.