★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Jose Neto
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 20.6 MB
  • Version: 1.3.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: MadRobot is a old school shoot 'em up game. You control a robot trying to escape from the laboratory of a mad scientist, for this you have the help of GoboGobo another robot wich also wants to escape.
The task is not easy the mad scientist will do everything to prevent anyone escape.

Features
- GamePad Support
- Pixel art style
- Nightmare mode
- Challenge Boss
- Gamecenter ScoreBoard
- Tutorial
- Progressive challenge
- Power ups
- Special skills
- 12 Bosses
- Bullets, bullets, bullets!
- Mode Nightmare
- Game Type: Challenge
- Gamecenter Scoreboard
- Gamepad support with 2 modes:
* Normal: LStick move robot, RStick shoot and maneuver the beam
* Classic: LSctick move robot and maneuver the beam, buttons shoot
- Gameplay adjustments(hitbox, touchscreen, hp recovery, etc..)
- Mute sound for music and sound effects
- And much more

netox's comments:

UPDATED!!!

- New Mode Nightmare
- New Game Type: Challenge
- Gamecenter Scoreboard
- Gamepad support with 2 modes(iCade and MFi support)):
* Normal: LStick move robot, RStick shoot and maneuver the beam
* Classic: LSctick move robot and maneuver the beam, buttons shoot
- Gameplay adjustments(hitbox, touchscreen, etc..)
- Mute sound for music and sound effects

03-05-2016, 02:44 PM
Feedback

I appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

03-05-2016, 04:14 PM
Hi,

I gave the game a really good sit down and play through. What I will say in preface is I like the game and as a result I did pay to upgrade the game to its premium status.

With that said let me give you my feedback. Shmups/bullet hell games are one of my absolute favorite genres and I try to experience any game released. I played your game for about an hour before I decided to pay the premium price.

What I liked:
The way the main weapon is movable along with the movement of robot so you can really attack and maneuver in between enemy attacks. This was really done nicely. I love it. I love the power ups and how you can shoot them to change them to the type that you want to use. This is a great way of doing the power ups. I like that you have the double tap to activate the super attack. It's extremely useful! I like the enemies and enemy types. The bosses were a bit easy but I liked them. I love the art style and sounds as well. Nice job there. The level progression seems pretty good as well. All in all its a fun game with a nice presentation.

What I didn't like:
There's no robot upgrades or progression. It says I lost my body parts but I don't seem to be getting any back or finding any of them as I progress with the levels. It would keep my attention better to have upgrades of my main beam weapon and maybe get my body parts back. It certainly would be great for the story. The next thing is you should implement a way for people to watch an ad to continue a game. Not everyone can afford to pay for premium and while I'm not affected by this you might push people away. I actually would have liked a free option while I was evaluating while I would pay or not. I also don't see any way to increase the touch sensitivity in the options. A few times with the size of the screen I've had problems getting to the edge of the screen.

Thank you for posting your game and talking with us here! I hope my feedback helps.

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by netox View Post
I appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

Last edited by LordShad0wz; 03-05-2016 at 04:19 PM.
03-05-2016, 05:48 PM
Thank you, this was the best feedback I received, I am very glad you enjoyed the game.
This is very important that we can prepare many improvements in future updates.
I found it very interesting when you mentioned to recover the parts of the robot, the game is also possible to load a saved game seeing a video ad, perhaps at the time did not have any available for you.

Thank you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
Hi,

I gave the game a really good sit down and play through. What I will say in preface is I like the game and as a result I did pay to upgrade the game to its premium status.

With that said let me give you my feedback. Shmups/bullet hell games are one of my absolute favorite genres and I try to experience any game released. I played your game for about an hour before I decided to pay the premium price.

What I liked:
The way the main weapon is movable along with the movement of robot so you can really attack and maneuver in between enemy attacks. This was really done nicely. I love it. I love the power ups and how you can shoot them to change them to the type that you want to use. This is a great way of doing the power ups. I like that you have the double tap to activate the super attack. It's extremely useful! I like the enemies and enemy types. The bosses were a bit easy but I liked them. I love the art style and sounds as well. Nice job there. The level progression seems pretty good as well. All in all its a fun game with a nice presentation.

What I didn't like:
There's no robot upgrades or progression. It says I lost my body parts but I don't seem to be getting any back or finding any of them as I progress with the levels. It would keep my attention better to have upgrades of my main beam weapon and maybe get my body parts back. It certainly would be great for the story. The next thing is you should implement a way for people to watch an ad to continue a game. Not everyone can afford to pay for premium and while I'm not affected by this you might push people away. I actually would have liked a free option while I was evaluating while I would pay or not. I also don't see any way to increase the touch sensitivity in the options. A few times with the size of the screen I've had problems getting to the edge of the screen.

Thank you for posting your game and talking with us here! I hope my feedback helps.

Billy
03-05-2016, 07:46 PM
I was never, at anytime, offered to watch any ad to continue. And this was right from the start from the fresh install through the first hour of playing. That's why I mentioned it.

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by netox View Post
Thank you, this was the best feedback I received, I am very glad you enjoyed the game.
This is very important that we can prepare many improvements in future updates.
I found it very interesting when you mentioned to recover the parts of the robot, the game is also possible to load a saved game seeing a video ad, perhaps at the time did not have any available for you.

Thank you again.
03-05-2016, 09:04 PM
I got a chance to play this one today for a little while. It's a pretty decent shmup. I really like the way the main gun controls while your moving your thumb around. I didn't think I'd like it at first. It definitely could use some weapon upgrades in between levels. That's just me though. I'm a sucker for weapon upgrades, new ships/robots, ect. It gives me something else to look forward to other than end game. It's still definitely worth checking out. I'm gonna hang on to it and keep playing.
03-05-2016, 10:49 PM
Cool shmup, I love the music and sound effects!

I'm having random crashes though :/ it once crashed on level 2 and then a couple of times on level 3. Could never get past that. Also, the game instantly crashes if I try to watch an ad to continue. I'm playing on an iPad mini 2, iOS 9.2, with GameCenter broken.
03-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Downloading
03-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Update: Apparently the in-game crashes were related to my ad-blocker. I disabled it and the crashes during play stopped. It would still crash if I tried to watch an ad to continue.

Anyway, I went premium! For one buck, it's a no-brainer!

Possible bug: I died at the boss of level 5 and my final score kept increasing while the boss was firing.

Last edited by hvianna; 03-05-2016 at 11:30 PM.
03-05-2016, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
I got a chance to play this one today for a little while. It's a pretty decent shmup. I really like the way the main gun controls while your moving your thumb around. I didn't think I'd like it at first. It definitely could use some weapon upgrades in between levels. That's just me though. I'm a sucker for weapon upgrades, new ships/robots, ect. It gives me something else to look forward to other than end game. It's still definitely worth checking out. I'm gonna hang on to it and keep playing.
There are ten stages of weapon upgrades. If you keep firing on an energy pick-up it will cycle thru energy, weapon upgrade, shield and bomb.