★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Discourse surrounding Fran Bow being broken up into multiple apps

03-04-2016, 01:50 PM
Discourse surrounding Fran Bow being broken up into multiple apps

Good lord how did this get past Apple

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8

Last edited by metalcasket; 03-04-2016 at 06:42 PM.
03-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnok View Post
Good lord how did this get past Apple
What do you mean?

03-04-2016, 02:05 PM
Steam reviews are overwhelmingly good just wish it was all in one

Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8
03-04-2016, 06:24 PM
Is it really fair for this game to be taking up the entirety of the hot new games section because it's broken up?
03-04-2016, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbed View Post
Is it really fair for this game to be taking up the entirety of the hot new games section because it's broken up?
Exactly what I came here to say, I was like, WTF is going on here? But now I actually just want to try this game out based on @appunwrapper s comments
03-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbed View Post
I don't really know what to do about that. I think if I remove all the additional chapter links from the first post, then that might fix it? But then is that confusing to not make people aware that this game is split into 5 parts? They might see that first post and think they're getting the whole game for $1.99. We could make separate threads for each chapter but that seems sort of unnecessary, and also could still lead to all the icons jamming up the hot games.

I dunno, what does anyone think? I figure it'll mellow out after a couple of days.

EDIT: Ok, removed all the links. We'll see what happens.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
03-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
I don't really know what to do about that. I think if I remove all the additional chapter links from the first post, then that might fix it? But then is that confusing to not make people aware that this game is split into 5 parts? They might see that first post and think they're getting the whole game for $1.99. We could make separate threads for each chapter but that seems sort of unnecessary, and also could still lead to all the icons jamming up the hot games.

I dunno, what does anyone think? I figure it'll mellow out after a couple of days.

EDIT: Ok, removed all the links. We'll see what happens.
Seems like it should be the devs responsibility to elaborate in the description the details of the content and how it should be obtained. But that's neither here nor there.
-Her 5 fold face is rather disturbing to boot.
03-05-2016, 07:20 AM
What's with the 5 parts ?
03-05-2016, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chq View Post
Great trick, to get mentioned.
You really think they split up the app as some big plan to take over TA's hot games list?

For everyone else who actually wants to talk about the game itself -- I'm enjoying it so far, but granted, I haven't gotten too far into it. Will spend more time with it today. But its creepiness has surprised me quite a few times already. My main complaint so far is what I said earlier about the screen -- such a huge black border, that it almost makes my iPad screen feel like an iPhone.

I didn't know this before going in, but it has a mechanic that changes the environment. So it's similar to those games where you change time or the weather. Love those things, so that was a cool surprise for me.
03-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Here's what they had said about the chapters
"In case you wonder why we chose to release the game in chapters, this is because we could reduce the amount of memory needed and make it more widely available for more players"