★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Is the UK Version of Vay good?

12-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Is the fixed Version of Vay good?

I wanted an Rpg for my iTouch and heard about Vay. I tried searching these forums, but the word is too short and it won't let me.

TheRe was an updated version of Vay that came out after US version right? Could anyone tell me if I should buy this? Or is there some other fun RPG?

Last edited by DanM; 12-23-2008 at 09:06 PM.
12-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I have Vay and I really haven't gotten into the game yet. I just bought Chronicles of Inotia the other day and I haven't been able to put it down. It's $3 more than Vay, but worth it. Vay just couldn't keep my attention for long, while Inotia has.

I love Chronicles of Inotia and I think you should get it. Make sure to check a review on YouTube or something before you get it, though. It may or may not be the type of game you want.

It's a great game, though.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

12-23-2008, 09:13 PM
If you like RPGs this is the game to get for your iphone. The update fixed some issues with items and weapons not having descriptions and such. It's lots of fun.
12-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Vays really good!
They came out with version 2.0 (?) which makes it better. Its fun although im stuck on this one part...

"Insert generic signature here"
12-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloneWars View Post
Vays really good!
They came out with version 2.0 (?) which makes it better. Its fun although im stuck on this one part...
I hope 2009 becomes the "Year of the iPhone RPGs", I want more solid releases!
12-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Just keep in mind that Vay is a "regular" rpg, while Chronicles of Inotia is more action oriented.

Last edited by Chiller ONE; 12-23-2008 at 09:23 PM.
12-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenric View Post
I hope 2009 becomes the "Year of the iPhone RPGs", I want more solid releases!
You seem to be forgetting that the App Store has been live for barely 6 months. 2009 will be a great year for iPhone gaming period, as it will be the first full year. Can't wait for a iPod Touch 3G next year. Getting it same day, new features or not.
12-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
Just keep in mind that Vay is a "regular" rpg, while Chronicles of Inotia is more action oriented.
Ah good, I want something with a good story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenric View Post
If you like RPGs this is the game to get for your iphone. The update fixed some issues with items and weapons not having descriptions and such. It's lots of fun.
Never tried an RPG other than the Pokemon games
Was looking for a game that would last me a while, and had some type of story to it.

Thanks for help, I'll have something to play on a visit to my Grandmas house tonight
12-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
You seem to be forgetting that the App Store has been live for barely 6 months. 2009 will be a great year for iPhone gaming period, as it will be the first full year. Can't wait for a iPod Touch 3G next year. Getting it same day, new features or not.
true, with all the games out it seems like its been longer than 6 months
12-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post
Ah good, I want something with a good story.

Never tried an RPG other than the Pokemon games
Was looking for a game that would last me a while, and had some type of story to it.

Thanks for help, I'll have something to play on a visit to my Grandmas house tonight
no problem, it's a turn based RPG with a story, so if you like it definitely go back to the playstation 1&2 (if you have one) and check out some more