★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Super Phantom Cat [iOS Universal] $1.99 -> $0.99 First price drop ever!

03-08-2016, 02:54 PM
Super Phantom Cat [iOS Universal] $1.99 -> $0.99 First price drop ever!

First price drop ever!

---
Please help us beta test our game, TapTrivia: Singapore Quiz
Get it free today: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.taptrivia.sg

Last edited by TapNerds_Jon; 03-08-2016 at 02:58 PM.
03-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Put off getting this because of my huge backlog. Saw the drop this morning and got it without thinking twice. Had really positive comments in the main thread also. Recommended to anyone who loves a good platformer. This looks like it will be one of those hidden App Store gems.

03-08-2016, 05:14 PM
Yeah, this is a super game. In some ways it's the complete opposite end of the platform spectrum to something like Lost Socks. Very friendly platformer which gives you time to make decisions. Yet still very smart and well designed, with a nice look, sound and feel. And it is so so so much like a Mario game. Love it.
03-08-2016, 09:00 PM
This is a (classic) platformer lover's dream! So many great moments in this game, with it's super fun levels. A steal at 0.99 cents. Go!
03-12-2016, 12:06 AM
Loving this one, a buck is a steal. The difficulty comes not in the platforming but in finding all the hidden nooks and crannies. Anyone wanting a Metroidvania game... this is it!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
03-12-2016, 09:56 PM
I'm trying to buy but I get an error.
03-13-2016, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
I'm trying to buy but I get an error.
Hi, what kind of error is that?
Can't purchase the game or can't open the game?
03-13-2016, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minanananahan View Post
Hi, what kind of error is that?
Can't purchase the game or can't open the game?
"Your purchase could not be completed".
03-14-2016, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Loving this one, a buck is a steal. The difficulty comes not in the platforming but in finding all the hidden nooks and crannies. Anyone wanting a Metroidvania game... this is it!
Definitely enjoyed this, but Metroidvania it is not. Discrete levels, which can be completed in their entirety the first time you play them. There's no permanent upgrade system and no areas that are locked off until you find the right upgrade later in the game.
03-14-2016, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
Definitely enjoyed this, but Metroidvania it is not. Discrete levels, which can be completed in their entirety the first time you play them. There's no permanent upgrade system and no areas that are locked off until you find the right upgrade later in the game.
"Metroidvania" is a term used to describe a sort of exploratory 2D platforming game. It comes from the original games of the Metroid series and some of the middle-era of Castlevania games (most notably "Symphony of the Night", which is what primarily gave birth to the term).

Thats what I meant, sorry if I misled.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80