★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Arkane

10-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Arkane

Anyone seen/tried this? No gameplay screenshots (only menus) or video footage that I could find. Sounds interesting though. (but I hate when devs don't put gameplay screenshots in there...)
Apparently it's on an introductory sale for $.99
Arkane
10-06-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

10-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Looks nice and sounds nice and complex. A video would be good to see exactly what the gameplay's like.
10-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Video? I'd settle for even *one* in-game screenshot to know what you're getting into... All we get is a title image and a picture telling you to turn on your sound "because this game uses musics and sounds"?!!?

Could the developers try any harder to make you *not* want to purchase the game? And what's up with the jet-propelled swans in the one image they seem to be so proud of (it is the primary iTunes shot, the icon, and the only picture at their website)? Inquiring minds would like to know...

(Edit- tried to buy and was denied since it's OS 3.1 only... the final nail in the coffin. Can't even toss them my 99 cents because I'm not ready to upgrade yet!)

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!

Last edited by CommanderData; 10-06-2009 at 01:46 PM.
10-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderData View Post
Video? I'd settle for even *one* in-game screenshot to know what you're getting into... All we get is a title image and a picture telling you to turn on your sound "because this game uses musics and sounds"?!!?

Could the developers try any harder to make you *not* want to purchase the game? And what's up with the jet-propelled swans in the one image they seem to be so proud of (it is the primary iTunes shot, the icon, and the only picture at their website)? Inquiring minds would like to know...

(Edit- tried to buy and was denied since it's OS 3.1 only... the final nail in the coffin. Can't even toss them my 99 cents because I'm not ready to upgrade yet!)
Aren't we crabby today?

But, yeah, as others have commented, there is no rule that you NEED to use all 5 picture slots, but when you won't even show ONE picture of gameplay my internal sirens go off.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Aren't we crabby today?

But, yeah, as others have commented, there is no rule that you NEED to use all 5 picture slots, but when you won't even show ONE picture of gameplay my internal sirens go off.
Yeah, been sick a few days, not getting a lot of work done... so I figured checking out some other new apps would help get my "spirits" up

This game set me off... could be great... who knows? The app buying public certainly can't tell. Maybe I should start consulting for developers on how to present and market yourself in iTunes and gaming sites. If I can make a very ugly but very fun game like my own sell pretty well, imagine what I could do for someone with some decent artwork

Speaking of decent artwork... I have some more conceptual stuff to bounce off you sometime, my design is really starting to gel (whenever you're available).

Back on topic, anyone with OS 3.1 willing to throw down the 99 cents to take an in-game screenshot for us???

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
11-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Did anyone try it?

So time has passed, the developer has yet to release any screenshots of the gameplay. No updates where made for the game, their webpage has even less information.

Did anyone actually try it?
I sure wonder what is all about.
11-17-2009, 06:59 PM
It requires 3.1 so someone else will have to TOFTT.

11-18-2009, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
It requires 3.1 so someone else will have to TOFTT.
Apparently it also requires an iPhone to run (it says so in the game details). Someone bought it in the German store and wrote a review saying that he has a iPod Touch and it did not run. I wonder if that really is due to the device or because he/she had not the latest OS.

Anyways, I mailed the developer and lets see what they say.
But I have the feeling I won't get a reply.