★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tap Tap Dance and Tap Tap Revolution

12-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Tap Tap Dance and Tap Tap Revolution

I have had Tap Tap Dance for a few days, and it turns out that the new engine used in TTD is being used in TTR 2.0, which will be free. I don't see any real reason for Tap Tap Dance to exist in that case. I contacted Tapulous about this, and the issue of downloadable tracks and online play, and surprise, i get a vague answer, with them saying that the 10 tracks are great, and we don't need more, and that they have something planned for a Tap Tap Dance update. Does anybody know anything, and devs do you all know anything about this game engine that could help. It seems pointless.
12-23-2008, 08:59 PM
It is a preview game and I am sure TTR wont have boss levels. You are really paying for the well known artists and their tracks

12-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I can't see why anyone would pay $5 for a Tap Tap game with only 10 songs and no online gameplay (unless you're a big fan of the music on the game). Personally, I think TTR is worth more than any of the other paid versions. It has SO much more content. Yeah, it doesn't have "boss battles" or the new engine, but like you said, the new engine is coming in '09. Just be patient

TTR definitely has more value to me than any of the other Tap Tap games.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
I would think that its worth it, if it had the downloadable levels. I don't use the online play much. But I don't like the new MultiTap much. I can handle 2, but my mind can handle making my hands do 3 different things at the same time. Thats crazy. I don't like the songs much, but I would love a Katy Perry Tap Tap. Just let me have Hot N Cold on TTD, and I'll be happy.
12-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Guitar Rock Tour is on sale for $1 more, Get that. More songs, Multi Tap and Tap hold plus the songs are way better and ones that people actually know
12-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainter View Post
Guitar Rock Tour is on sale for $1 more, Get that. More songs, Multi Tap and Tap hold plus the songs are way better and ones that people actually know
But I already have TTD. I may get it, if I get anymore iTunes gift cards. It has 4 buttons, though, and I think it may get pulled soon, if Guitar Hero or Rock Band catch wind of it...
12-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
But I already have TTD. I may get it, if I get anymore iTunes gift cards. It has 4 buttons, though, and I think it may get pulled soon, if Guitar Hero or Rock Band catch wind of it...
Then you should hurry and get it.
12-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by {klondike} View Post
Then you should hurry and get it.
I don't have any money. I'll look into it, sometime, but right now, I just got a ton of new ones, and broke, but occupied. Still haven't completely beaten Rolando..
12-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
I don't have any money. I'll look into it, sometime, but right now, I just got a ton of new ones, and broke, but occupied. Still haven't completely beaten Rolando..
I'm just kidding. I don't really think that it's worth it. I had it cracked for a little while and I just didn't think that it was very good.
12-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Gameloft are a major company that sell games like NBA and such, they wouldnt release it if they weren't allowed to. Dont worry about it getting pulled