★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Half Fast Games
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 21.9 MB
  • Version: 3.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description:
Here's what some of the fans are saying!:

"Online scoring and multipliers make this a contender for "one more time to beat my score/ranking" and easy mode is almost relaxing if you just want to fly around and pop some balloons for fun." --Drelbs23

"This one is a keeper! Really cool and something the kids can play!" --JL Calouro

OPEN FEINT ENABLED!
- Online ScoreBoards
- 1000 points of Achievements
- Facebook connectivity

FUN AND FAST PACE! Help Beez drop nuts to his hungry squirrel friend below.

*Fly around by tilting your iPhone/iTouch in the direction you want to go.

*Pop the balloons as fast as you can to get the most points.

GREAT POWER UPS:
- Wind, blows the balloons down. Giving you more time.
- and Lightning to the clear the screen quick!

*Pop balloons of the same color in a row to get bonus multipliers! Rainbow colored balloons will add to your multiplier for every color.

**Watch out for Poison Clouds, they will slow you down!**

FEATURES:
-Easy, Medium, and Hard difficulty settings.
-Listen to the game's fun music, or you can turn it off and listen to your iPod music while you play.
-iPhone/iTouch tilt sensitivity settings. Use low sensitivity for pin-point accuracy. Use high sensitivity for lightning fast response. Or use Medium for a little of both.

**Look for future updates, with new scenes, and powerups!**

Devilishly Good's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
10-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Made by the same people as Woxel, which is another good game.

This game has OpenFeint so I am interested in it

Thanks Randimonium, syncing it up right now.

10-06-2009, 01:15 PM
I was somehow expecting something different when I read the title.
Appstore is a false amigo!

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
10-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Initial Impressions

Just played this, here are my initial impresions:

This is a simple game where you (a bee) fly around popping balloons carrying nuts (Bee'z Nuts ) for your squirrel buddy to pick up. You tilt your device to fly in that direction - tilt a little to fly slow, tilt a lot to fly faster.

There are a number of balloons listed at the top of the screen, for each balloon that escapes, you lose one. There is also a X/Y number of nuts - that is how many you need to reach the next level. Reaching the next level adds more balloons, and sometimes new colors, each color travels upwards at a different speed. (The faster ones are also worth more points.)

Collecting the same color of balloon gives you a multiplier, which is important for getting high scores.

There are several types of clouds - poison ones that slow you down for a while, windy ones which blow wind downward and slow the balloons while doing so, and lightning ones which pop all the balloons on the screen.

There is a wonderful graphical transition from ground to space (almost) as you travel up and down trying to pop all those balloons. Sound is good, and I swore I had heard the music before (and went nuts trying to figure that out!) does anybody who's played this think it sounds like Moon Drop? Maybe it's just me.

There are 1000 points worth of OpenFient achievements - 1x100 & 6x150 for those that are interested (like our buddy Zincuous. ) I won't spoil it, but there are some great names/descriptions on these that match the title well.

Fun little game - if you pick this up, don't bother with easy mode unless you are aiming for achievements, I gave up on it as it was too easy for me. (Which is OK - in spite of the name, I bet kids would enjoy this mode.)

You can turn music and sound on/off, and set low/medium/high tilt sensitivity. I found Medium to be fine.

The menu is basic, but it's got falling nuts and a squirrel that chases after them behind it, which is the most you're going to see that squirrel as you'll be in the air while you're playing the game.

Good time waster for $0.99, online scoring and multipliers make this a contender for "one more time to beat my score/ranking" and easy mode is almost relaxing if you just want to fly around and pop some balloons for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
10-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Send a message via AIM to intake66
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Just played this, here are my initial impresions:

This is a simple game where you (a bee) fly around popping balloons carrying nuts (Bee'z Nuts ) for your squirrel buddy to pick up. You tilt your device to fly in that direction - tilt a little to fly slow, tilt a lot to fly faster.

There are a number of balloons listed at the top of the screen, for each balloon that escapes, you lose one. There is also a X/Y number of nuts - that is how many you need to reach the next level. Reaching the next level adds more balloons, and sometimes new colors, each color travels upwards at a different speed. (The faster ones are also worth more points.)

Collecting the same color of balloon gives you a multiplier, which is important for getting high scores.

There are several types of clouds - poison ones that slow you down for a while, windy ones which blow wind downward and slow the balloons while doing so, and lightning ones which pop all the balloons on the screen.

There is a wonderful graphical transition from ground to space (almost) as you travel up and down trying to pop all those balloons. Sound is good, and I swore I had heard the music before (and went nuts trying to figure that out!) does anybody who's played this think it sounds like Moon Drop? Maybe it's just me.

There are 1000 points worth of OpenFient achievements - 1x100 & 6x150 for those that are interested (like our buddy Zincuous. ) I won't spoil it, but there are some great names/descriptions on these that match the title well.

Fun little game - if you pick this up, don't bother with easy mode unless you are aiming for achievements, I gave up on it as it was too easy for me. (Which is OK - in spite of the name, I bet kids would enjoy this mode.)

You can turn music and sound on/off, and set low/medium/high tilt sensitivity. I found Medium to be fine.

The menu is basic, but it's got falling nuts and a squirrel that chases after them behind it, which is the most you're going to see that squirrel as you'll be in the air while you're playing the game.

Good time waster for $0.99, online scoring and multipliers make this a contender for "one more time to beat my score/ranking" and easy mode is almost relaxing if you just want to fly around and pop some balloons for fun.
Well said! I am interested to see how my step son does with the game. I found myself playing this over and over while killing time at work. lol
10-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Game review

This game is a lot of fun and worth $0.99. The graphics are great and the controls are easy to get used to.
10-06-2009, 11:05 PM
This is nicely done. A simple premise (but most of the really good games are just that), with simple gameplay that translates into great fun. While I anticipate spending quite a bit of time with this game, I'm sure my children will love it too.
10-07-2009, 12:01 AM
I waited for someone else to reply before putting this up so it wouldn't look like a shameless bump.

Check this out, 12,180 points for popping a single rainbow balloon with a 61x multiplier(purple).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HighScore1Balloon.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	8891  
10-07-2009, 01:40 AM
Very funny game ! I've played and played again .... Nice Bee and very nice Squirrel !

(and how can I say something after the very good review of Drelbs ?)
10-07-2009, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randimonium View Post
I waited for someone else to reply before putting this up so it wouldn't look like a shameless bump.

Check this out, 12,180 points for popping a single rainbow balloon with a 61x multiplier(purple).
Well yours beat mine. I had a 56x multiplier on level 4 though

That's a really good combo. And you had 300,000