★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[NZ Soft Launch] Plants vs. Zombies™ Heroes (by Electronic Arts)

03-10-2016, 10:56 AM
[NZ Soft Launch] Plants vs. Zombies™ Heroes (by Electronic Arts)

Plants vs. Zombies™ Heroes

Electronic Arts
Genres: Games Card Entertainment Strategy
Free

Quote:
From the makers of Plants vs. Zombies 2 and Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 comes the next great game in the epic battle between doom and bloom – Plants vs. Zombies Heroes. Collect Heroes with outrageous and incredible super powers and build your ultimate battle team. Embark on a journey to discover new characters, and confront mighty opponents along the way. And, for the first time ever on mobile, play as either plants or zombies. It’s the lawn of a new battle!

COLLECT YOUR HEROES
Collect and choose from 20 unique Plant and Zombie Heroes and unlock their lawn-inspiring super powers. Will you pick Plants and deploy the masked, sharp-shooting avenger, Green Shadow? Or will you choose a Zombie Hero and call on the superbly superficial Super Brainz, Zomboss’s secret weapon with a powerful punch and fondness for hair gel? Each Hero’s selection of super powers will help determine your team’s winning strategy.

FORM YOUR TEAM
Every Hero needs a crew. Build yours and diversify your skills by collecting teammates – from the PvZ characters you know and love, to daring new plants and zombies. There are hundreds to discover! Devise distinct strategies for your Hero by selecting compatible teammates and experiment with devastating combos. Or, use Auto Team-Builder to quickly create your team, try out new strategies, and automatically upgrade your teams as you collect new characters.

GO ON COURAGEOUS ADVENTURES
Journey through the universe of PvZ Heroes as each action-packed skirmish takes you further along an ever-blooming map. Battle brain-thirsty or botanical foes – each side has a different path to follow. Encounter challenging bosses with tricky powers and abilities, and defeat them for legendary rewards!

PLAY AGAINST FRIENDS AND FOES
Test your team when you take on other players in exciting real-time matches. Earn rewards for defeating your bite-iest adversaries, and build your bank when you complete Daily Missions from Crazy Dave. Who will become the ultimate horticultural hero? Harvest your courage – the battle is on!

Important Consumer Information: This app requires acceptance of EA’s Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA and collects data through third party analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details).

Terms of Service: http://terms.ea.com
Privacy and Cookie Policy: http://privacy.ea.com
Game EULA: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://help.ea.com/en/# for assistance or inquiries.
EA may retire online features after 30 days’ notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 93.4MB

...Tons more videos available here.

Last edited by Eli; 03-10-2016 at 11:18 AM.
03-10-2016, 10:58 AM
WHOA. Okay, I'm pumped. (in before the rage of EA is terrible, blah blah)

GameCenter: cabuckn

03-10-2016, 10:59 AM
Oh snap.
03-10-2016, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andysmash View Post
Oh snap.
I know right. Hopefully it won't be in soft launch too long!

03-10-2016, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabuckn View Post
I know right. Hopefully it won't be in soft launch too long!
I've already downloaded it. I'm very interested in what this will be like... (there's a huge extra download after you install the game, so it'll be a while for impressions).
03-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Quote:
I've already downloaded it. I'm very interested in what this will be like... (there's a huge extra download after you install the game, so it'll be a while for impressions).
Nice (I'm fine with large game files honestly). I'll be looking for your impressions!

03-10-2016, 11:21 AM
Card-based, lane-based battler. You've got heroes and a deck of cards. Toss your cards in lanes against the card in the opponents lane. Regardless of who places the card first in the round, both cards get to attack. Heroes have powers and health. Knock out the opponent's cards to break through defense and attack their hero. Knock out the hero to win.

It has a reversal system much like the Yu-Gi-Oh card game, with lots of traps and reversals.

Simple gameplay, looks like it could be a lot of fun.
03-10-2016, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Card-based, lane-based battler. You've got heroes and a deck of cards. Toss your cards in lanes against the card in the opponents lane. Regardless of who places the card first in the round, both cards get to attack. Heroes have powers and health. Knock out the opponent's cards to break through defense and attack their hero. Knock out the hero to win.

It has a reversal system much like the Yu-Gi-Oh card game, with lots of traps and reversals.

Simple gameplay, looks like it could be a lot of fun.
Dare I say this is the first "Clash Royale-type" clone/game? Well, not clone, but you know what I mean. We know they're coming...

03-10-2016, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabuckn View Post
Dare I say this is the first "Clash Royale-type" clone/game? Well, not clone, but you know what I mean. We know they're coming...
Nah, not really. This is all turn based. It is Hearthstone in style with Yu-Gi-Oh mechanics. I could easily see a PvZ-style Clash game though. It'd be perfect for it. But this is for SURE their attempt to make a Hearthstone-style game on a simpler level. There's multiple heroes with specific cards that only they use, mana that increases every turn and the same phasing/trap mechanic as Yu-Gi-Oh.

This is pretty cool.

Last edited by andysmash; 03-10-2016 at 11:42 AM.
03-10-2016, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Nah, not really. This is all turn based. It is Hearthstone in style with Yu-Gi-Oh mechanics. I could easily see a PvZ-style Clash game though. It'd be perfect for it. But this is for SURE their attempt to make a Hearthstone-style game on a simpler level. There's multiple heroes with specific cards that only they use, mana that increases every turn and the same phasing/trap mechanic as Yu-Gi-Oh.

This is pretty cool.
I like the way you've described it. Sounds fun!

Can we have a worldwide release today please? kthxbye