★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Game Center Achievements are Very Important to Me

03-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Game Center Achievements are Very Important to Me

I wouldn't touch this one on iOS with a ten foot pole. No achievements on this platform so I will stick to the console version.

Mod edit: Original thread here http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=283502
03-10-2016, 10:15 AM
Since "achievements" have absolutely no impact on my enjoyment of a video game I will gladly touch this one with a ten foot pole.

03-10-2016, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDJ76 View Post
I wouldn't touch this one on iOS with a ten foot pole. No achievements on this platform so I will stick to the console version.
Actually yes there is. 20 of them
03-10-2016, 10:28 AM
Quote:
I mean absolutely no unkindness toward someone who this is important to, but what is the significance of GC achievements beyond personal fulfillment? If you get a certain amount of points, do you win something?

Some people are very passionate about this, and I'm curious as to why.
03-10-2016, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atalkinghamsandwich View Post
I mean absolutely no unkindness toward someone who this is important to, but what is the significance of GC achievements beyond personal fulfillment? If you get a certain amount of points, do you win something?

Some people are very passionate about this, and I'm curious as to why.
Different people's brains are geared differently. I'm concrete, overanalytical and goal oriented. Since I'm # 651 last time I checked out of approximately 400 million GC accounts worldwide, it means something to me. I've never jailbroken any devices either so points are legit. To each his own.
03-10-2016, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Different people's brains are geared differently. I'm concrete, overanalytical and goal oriented. Since I'm # 651 last time I checked out of approximately 400 million GC accounts worldwide, it means something to me. I've never jailbroken any devices either so points are legit. To each his own.
That's great...however you might want to present that perspective in a different way? Something like "this looks like a nice port of a great game but since I really enjoy collecting GC achievements and this game doesn't have them I think I'll pass." Saying "I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole" kinda implies a pretty negative take on the game over something that really doesn't have much to do with how good the game actually may be.
03-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevious Zoquis View Post
Since "achievements" have absolutely no impact on my enjoyment of a video game I will gladly touch this one with a ten foot pole.
Thank you for that I as well could care less. What I do love is not only is their the story mode but I really like the free roaming mode option as well!
03-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Wow...n i thought my 70,467 place was good out of 400 million lol
03-10-2016, 10:39 PM
i think that people who gives priority to stay on top in GC, over the quality and the various aspects of a game, have a big problem of self esteem, be on top of the world is the only way to get noticed... so the game becomes an optional for them.
03-10-2016, 11:37 PM
Quote:

Hey congrats on the leaderboard number man. That is mighty impressive. Here's hoping you find more games with fun and unique acheivements to enjoy.