★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Lost Socks: Naughty Brothers TA Review Discussion

03-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Lost Socks: Naughty Brothers TA Review Discussion

Glad to see this get a review, although I think the focus on the difficult and probably loss of a star because of it is a little harsh IMO.

It's a difficult game but easily a 5/5 and an iOS classic.
03-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony78 View Post
Glad to see this get a review, although I think the focus on the difficult and probably loss of a star because of it is a little harsh IMO.

It's a difficult game but easily a 5/5 and an iOS classic.
this is the reality of life, time to stop making games

Last edited by Nerf; 03-08-2016 at 03:31 PM.

03-08-2016, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf View Post
Service Game: Clash royal 5 start (copy past content )
Real Game : 4 start

If you'd stop making games because of one person's opinion on one website on the entire internet then that's just kind of sad. If you're truly passionate about what you're doing, then you're doing it for more than the money or fame or review scores.

I love this game obviously, but it's not for everyone. No need to pout about that.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
03-08-2016, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Dude 4 stars is a good score. I don't understand why everyone thinks it's bad.
03-08-2016, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
If you'd stop making games because of one person's opinion on one website on the entire internet then that's just kind of sad. If you're truly passionate about what you're doing, then you're doing it for more than the money or fame or review scores.

I love this game obviously, but it's not for everyone. No need to pout about that.
This humor)))
03-08-2016, 03:42 PM
Quote:
This humor)))
What humor? Reviews are opinions. Reviews are "purchase guides" for some folks. Reviews are another form of educating consumers. Why on earth are you reacting this way to a 4 star review? 4 stars is really good.

Trying to compare a particular 5 star reviewed game to a 4 star reviewed game then saying "time to stop making games" makes little to no sense.

Side note: Saying Lost Socks is a "real game" and Clash Royale isn't, is so far from the truth that it's not even funny.

GameCenter: cabuckn

Last edited by cabuckn; 03-08-2016 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
03-08-2016, 03:47 PM
Just because I seemed to have started this re: the review.

All I was trying to say is that IMO a game shouldn't be docked for being a hard-as-nails game. That's just my opinion and obviously Carter has his. And 4-stars is a good review. I just would have given it 5-stars myself with just the warning that casual gamers may want to take that difficulty into consideration before buying.

Note that my original post actually had "IMO".

Last edited by anthony78; 03-08-2016 at 03:49 PM.
03-08-2016, 03:52 PM
I assume he's saying it's just a joke.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony78 View Post
Just because I seemed to have started this re: the review.

All I was trying to say is that IMO a game shouldn't be docked for being a hard-as-nails game. That's just my opinion and obviously Carter has his. And 4-stars is a good review. I just would have given it 5-stars myself with just the warning that casual gamers may want to take that difficulty into consideration before buying.

Note that my original post actually had "IMO".
I thought your post and opinion was more than fine. I was talking to the guy who said "time to quit making games"

GameCenter: cabuckn
03-08-2016, 03:57 PM
Quote:
This humor)))
I apologize if that's the case! Was just saying that a review at TA is an important thing, but a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things. Also it most definitely was a positive review, despite what anyone thinks about the score itself.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA