★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Champion Archer 1.1 it OUT ($.99 Sale)

10-06-2009, 01:51 PM
#1
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 637
Champion Archer 1.1 it OUT ($.99 Sale)

Champion Archer 1.1 update has been approved. The graphics are much better on this version of the game along with eliminating some bug issues. Screenshots have still not been updated by Apple, but they are better.



We Are Pocket Monkey Games
Website | Twitter | Facebook

•Our Games on the AppStore•
10-06-2009, 02:14 PM
#2
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: bavaria
Posts: 1,952
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
will try it out now post impressions later

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!
i tested 31 games

10-06-2009, 02:26 PM
#3
Kris, just as I state in my App Store review; you update your games thanks and I'll update my review. Regards,

Richard
10-06-2009, 03:23 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: omaha, ne
Posts: 1,442
in for one, thanks for the fun game and good price.
10-06-2009, 03:26 PM
#5
Bought this on day one and was looking forward to it even before that. Great job pocketmonkey, although I don't see my unicorns or dragons on there! lol

Gamertag - dominator246
10-06-2009, 04:18 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 546
Suggestions for champion archer:

Different backgrounds for differant stages: forrest road, castle wall, inside castle. Different defeat screens for each background. Different music for each background would be nice.
More enimies: dragons, wargs, archers, catapults, ninjas orcs, magicians.
Add in leg shots (arrows too low for chest shots). Enough leg shots (3?) would cause a leg to fall off/wing to rip/wheel to snap off/you get the idea.
Add new firing modes:
Mode #1: the current mode.
Mode #2: make an arch from your bow to the enemey (no straight lines, so it would add a little more difficulty to it) (if too easy, make a new highscores tablet in openfeint for it).
Add health bars above your allies.
Update pause: when pausing the game, bring up a pause screen, instead of a popup message.
Differnt difficulty modes.
Story mode?
Having to buy arrows?

More upgrades:
Elven eyesight: adds a tragectery line that indicates where the arrow will hit.
Shields: gives your foot solders shields that have a 25% chance of a sucessful block, which cuts the damage of the attack in half.
Mages: adds mages that can cast spells in your dire need; each spell can be bought.

Types of spells:
Lightning: critical damage on a specific target. Con: high amount of mana use and recharges slowly (40 seconds?).

Fireball: targets lots of units, damages them over time, and slows them down slightly; recharges in 20 secs, medium use of mana. Con: limited damage.

Ice block: blocks a pathway untill beaten down; recharges in 10 seconds; small use of mana. Cons: your arrows have to be arched over the ice block in order to hit their target; fireball melts ice block.

Earthquake: shakes the ground and makes every enemy on screen fall down; recharges in 30 seconds. Cons: high use of mana; ice blocks are breifly unavailable untill ground settles (they break if used).

Mind control: takes control of an enemy for a small period of time, putting it in a rage and killing all units around him; recharges in 60 seconds. Cons: the more powerful the unit, the more mana you use to control it; unit will still attack your allies if close enough.

The ability to upgrade your spells:
Ice block = more health.
lightening = upgrading damage and chain lightening.
Fireball = bigger blast radius and more damage.
Earthquake = longer quakes and enemies get sprung in the air higher and take fall damage.
Mind control = longer control and the ability to control bigger enemies.
Upgrade mana regen = faster mana regeneration.
Upgrade mana = more mana.

Methods for selecting spells:

Gestures: example; lightening could be activated by making a zig zag pattern to a unit, or a straight line from the clouds to a unit.

Select the spell button: which pauses the game (not the music though!) and there you can select a spell, exit spell select screen, drag the newly appeared spell icon from the top of the page to the place you want it to be inacted, then release. Or you could do away with the pause screen and have some sort of way to change spells quickly.

A combination of both?

All in all, I really like the direction the game is going in; keep up the good work!

Stalk me! Twitter: @p0rtalthinker

Last edited by p0rtalthinker101; 10-06-2009 at 04:31 PM.
10-06-2009, 04:44 PM
#7
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtalthinker101 View Post
Suggestions for champion archer:

Different backgrounds for differant stages: forrest road, castle wall, inside castle. Different defeat screens for each background. Different music for each background would be nice.
More enimies: dragons, wargs, archers, catapults, ninjas orcs, magicians.
Add in leg shots (arrows too low for chest shots). Enough leg shots (3?) would cause a leg to fall off/wing to rip/wheel to snap off/you get the idea.
Add new firing modes:
Mode #1: the current mode.
Mode #2: make an arch from your bow to the enemey (no straight lines, so it would add a little more difficulty to it) (if too easy, make a new highscores tablet in openfeint for it).
Add health bars above your allies.
Update pause: when pausing the game, bring up a pause screen, instead of a popup message.
Differnt difficulty modes.
Story mode?
Having to buy arrows?

More upgrades:
Elven eyesight: adds a tragectery line that indicates where the arrow will hit.
Shields: gives your foot solders shields that have a 25% chance of a sucessful block, which cuts the damage of the attack in half.
Mages: adds mages that can cast spells in your dire need; each spell can be bought.

Types of spells:
Lightning: critical damage on a specific target. Con: high amount of mana use and recharges slowly (40 seconds?).

Fireball: targets lots of units, damages them over time, and slows them down slightly; recharges in 20 secs, medium use of mana. Con: limited damage.

Ice block: blocks a pathway untill beaten down; recharges in 10 seconds; small use of mana. Cons: your arrows have to be arched over the ice block in order to hit their target; fireball melts ice block.

Earthquake: shakes the ground and makes every enemy on screen fall down; recharges in 30 seconds. Cons: high use of mana; ice blocks are breifly unavailable untill ground settles (they break if used).

Mind control: takes control of an enemy for a small period of time, putting it in a rage and killing all units around him; recharges in 60 seconds. Cons: the more powerful the unit, the more mana you use to control it; unit will still attack your allies if close enough.

The ability to upgrade your spells:
Ice block = more health.
lightening = upgrading damage and chain lightening.
Fireball = bigger blast radius and more damage.
Earthquake = longer quakes and enemies get sprung in the air higher and take fall damage.
Mind control = longer control and the ability to control bigger enemies.
Upgrade mana regen = faster mana regeneration.
Upgrade mana = more mana.

Methods for selecting spells:

Gestures: example; lightening could be activated by making a zig zag pattern to a unit, or a straight line from the clouds to a unit.

Select the spell button: which pauses the game (not the music though!) and there you can select a spell, exit spell select screen, drag the newly appeared spell icon from the top of the page to the place you want it to be inacted, then release. Or you could do away with the pause screen and have some sort of way to change spells quickly.

A combination of both?

All in all, I really like the direction the game is going in; keep up the good work!
Wow. That is an impressive list you have given us. There are some really great ideas in there. We will definitely look at it closely.

We Are Pocket Monkey Games
Website | Twitter | Facebook

•Our Games on the AppStore•
10-06-2009, 05:00 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketMonkey View Post
Wow. That is an impressive list you have given us. There are some really great ideas in there. We will definitely look at it closely.
Thank you!

One other thing to note about adding music to different backgrounds: You could just take some music from Sparta (like for instance the forest level in sparta and add it to the forrest background in Champion Archer currently in this update) and make some sort of "remix"... it would be cheap and cool.

Stalk me! Twitter: @p0rtalthinker
10-06-2009, 09:42 PM
#9
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtalthinker101 View Post
Thank you!

One other thing to note about adding music to different backgrounds: You could just take some music from Sparta (like for instance the forest level in sparta and add it to the forrest background in Champion Archer currently in this update) and make some sort of "remix"... it would be cheap and cool.
Don't you think "recycling" music would be irritating to our fans?

We Are Pocket Monkey Games
Website | Twitter | Facebook

•Our Games on the AppStore•
10-06-2009, 10:41 PM
#10
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketMonkey View Post
Don't you think "recycling" music would be irritating to our fans?
Not to me; Spartian music never gets old! SPARTA!!!

Jk. I could see that happening.

Stalk me! Twitter: @p0rtalthinker