★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Trivialized

10-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Trivialized

I caught the ads running on the site for Trivialized - a multiplayer trivia game which can be played single player or in various multiplayer online tournaments. I'm thinking about picking it up, but was just curious if anyone had tried it out. Specifically, I was wondering whether there were actually online players. The worst part of online games is finding that you are the only one online.

Thanks!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=321322632&mt=8
10-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Downloading now, I will give my impressions later this eve.

Munkie!

Looking for a cool sig.

10-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Any impressions? I'm probably going to download it anyway - just curious if there was an online community of players.
10-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Bought it, and saw that there was no one playing online. Hopefully this changes.
10-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Is this worth the time? The idea seems really good, but there's been no ratings or comments on iTunes, so I'm a little cautious.
10-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushibox View Post
Is this worth the time? The idea seems really good, but there's been no ratings or comments on iTunes, so I'm a little cautious.
There's a 4 or 5 star review on Itunes.
10-08-2009, 05:18 AM
hello

Hey,

We developed this app, and it just got accepted into the app store late last week (so it's brand new).
We are really happy and proud of the idea and the resulting app, pretty sure this is the first TRUE multiplayer trivia app.
We are working really hard to build the community, as you have raised the point, this concept doesn't work very well if there aren't people playing all the time.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. Contact form is on our corp site: smlsd.com

Thanks for your consideration. We appreciate any feedback or reviews.

Thanks!
Bogdan
10-10-2009, 10:21 PM
As of this moment I am not impressed at all with this app.

Reasons Why:

Long wait time between match start up after you have 2 people in a room (rare occurrence), someone inevitably drops

There are forums in game however the Dev does not answer questions such as "What is the Flag for?"

After answering a question in single player you still have to wait for the timer to count down. There is an exorbitant amount of wasted time in this game waiting for timers in single player.

The match-making plain does not work because the lack of communication and application in place to capture the few people that try online.

When you get in the game, there are further charges for "Premium Tournaments", wasn't paying for this thing enough of a charge?

In the half of dozen times I have tried this game I have received repeat questions a few times.

The devs really need to look this game and optimize the waste of time, not charge for further match making, and to answer questions on their own forums.

Until the dev starts addressing these issues, stay away from this game.

Munkie!

Looking for a cool sig.
10-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Totally agree. I was on last night and damned if I could find a tournament to play in. I waited around for people and I finally gave up waiting for enough people to show. The single player was lacking. It's a game with a great idea and tremendous potential, but without an online community it's not worth it at all.

They should give the game away for a long weekend to try and drum up interest. Until then it's not worth it.
10-11-2009, 06:09 PM
We're working on building the community. You're getting an early deal, as we will be raising the price once the community picks up.
I mean what do you expect when an app is a week old, 10 000 people?

Aside from that one aspect; I feel MunkieSuthorn's criticism is incorrect, and downright dishonest in some instances. I did reply to all his posts in the forum (let alone the fact we have one in-app and ACTUALLY provide support on a $0.99 app), and when confronted with that fact, he suggested I fudged the timestamps. Preposterous to say the least.
He did not read any of the help text, as evident by a lot of his 'issues'. He expected personalized service on questions that are answered in the game FAQ.

There are no wait times if everybody is ready.
To promote usage, the app features the ability to enter "Tournaments" or a "1vs1Challenge" then leave the game. You will then get a notification when the tournament is ready to start. From that initiation, you have 60seconds to ready up or you get booted.

We appreciate the support and the feedback.
We constantly strive to improve all our apps.
We will be shortening some of the timers for Single Player in the next update.
We will also allow you the ability to select trivia categories and difficulty type.