★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***** 5/5 stars by Pocket Tactics
"7 Mages takes the best qualities of classic dungeon-crawlers while adding its own twists, a combination which makes it one of the best RPGs on the AppStore"

***** 4.5/5 stars by Touch Arcade
"A Magnificent Ode To The Classics"

- - -

The oppressed peasants on Roven Island hire seven mages to protect their homes and crops.

The legendary Roven Island is said to be the place where the gods rested after they created the world. The earth, water and air there are still imbued with magic, which lures magic prospectors. These prospectors conduct savage raids at regular intervals on one of the unnamed villages on the island, robbing the hard-working peasants of most of their harvest. And so, one day, the peasants put together the last of their coin and hire the mages to protect them.

The epic RPG 7 Mages in the tradition of the greatest classics of the genre takes you around the magical island of Roven. You will visit gloomy crypts beneath the city, cross an icy mountain pass, submerge beneath the surface of the ocean and venture into the guts of a dead dragon. And lots more too! The game offers unique and very tactical turn-based combat with the option to split up your team, use combat magic, elemental magic and all-new musical magic.

* A fantasy game reworking of the legendary movies Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven
* 14 fantastic environments
* More than 30 types of enemy, most of them bringing new elements into combat
* Highly tactical turn-based combat with the option to split up your team
* 60 combat, elemental and musical spells
* Original puzzles on each new level

- - -

IMPORTANT NOTICE: A minimum of 1GB of RAM is needed to launch the game (iPhone 5 or higher, iPad third generation or higher)
03-14-2016, 08:27 AM
This looks pretty good! At work with no wifi though

03-14-2016, 09:58 AM
I didn't realize you need wifi to play cause I am always connected here at home and I am always here lol I think that's an odd choice i will say so far this game is amazing graphic wise and though you start out in a dungeon it seems as though there will be vast areas to explore. You also have a main character you create yourself. I am a female rogue. I encountered a weird bug where I killed an enemy yet I was still stuck in combat mode for several turns before I got the enemy killed message and was able to proceed. I just skipped my turn several times. Other then that little bit I am really loving this. You can teleport to already explored areas of the map thus avoiding a lot of tiresome walking around, I love that! I already paid 7 bucks to unlock the whole game although I understand you can choose to unlock areas every few levels for less I think they said it's cheaper (discounted) to just unlock the whole game. Your starting inventory is too small I keep having to use potions I don't want to use to make room for important items, also I got the quest item innkeepers chest but it won't let me give it to her. I am just assuming I didn't complete the whole lower dungeon so I have to do that first?

Last edited by Repulsa; 03-14-2016 at 10:15 AM.
03-14-2016, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
I didn't realize you need wifi to play cause I am always connected here at home and I am always here lol I think that's an odd choice i will say so far this game is amazing graphic wise and though you start out in a dungeon it seems as though there will be vast areas to explore. You also have a main character you create yourself. I am a female rogue. I encountered a weird bug where I killed an enemy yet I was still stuck in combat mode for several turns before I got the enemy killed message and was able to proceed. I just skipped my turn several times. Other then that little bit I am really loving this. You can teleport to already explored areas of the map thus avoiding a lot of tiresome walking around, I love that! I already paid 7 bucks to unlock the whole game although I understand you can choose to unlock areas every few levels for less I think they said it's cheaper (discounted) to just unlock the whole game. Your starting inventory is too small I keep having to use potions I don't want to use to make room for important items, also I got the quest item innkeepers chest but it won't let me give it to her. I am just assuming I didn't complete the whole lower dungeon so I have to do that first?
Serious about the wifi part? Thats strange.
03-14-2016, 11:10 AM
Don't need wi fi to play.
03-14-2016, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nst72 View Post
Don't need wi fi to play.
So is this online or offline then ? What are the iap ?
03-14-2016, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystrikeguy View Post
So is this online or offline then ? What are the iap ?
6.99 to fully unlock the game and not sure how much to just unlock a bit more every so often. in game, they state it costs less to do the full unlock
03-14-2016, 11:58 AM
May be he was asking about downloading size.

GAME CENTER ID: TECHZAMAZING
03-14-2016, 12:14 PM

Tried to run it without being connected to the internet and it works fine, no wifi needed. If you liked Legends of Grimrock then I'm pretty sure you're going to like this. This one has turn-based combat. The combat is kind of laggy and a bit basic in the begining. But it does what's it supposed to do and I'm pretty sure it gets deeper when your party gets bigger. First 4 chapters are free, then there's a $7 unlock for the next 10 chapters.
03-14-2016, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchy85 View Post
YouTube: video

Tried to run it without being connected to the internet and it works fine, no wifi needed. If you liked Legends of Grimrock then I'm pretty sure you're going to like this. This one has turn-based combat. The combat is kind of laggy and a bit basic in the begining. But it does what's it supposed to do and I'm pretty sure it gets deeper when your party gets bigger. First 4 chapters are free, then there's a $7 unlock for the next 10 chapters.
Couldn't have wrapped it up any better. Not in love with the controls but workable.
1.2 gb installed