★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Xeno & Zero (OFFICIAL THREAD)

View Poll Results: What do you want the title of the game to be?
Xeno & Zero 25 71.43%
Xeno & Zero: Quest for the Stolen Jewels 2 5.71%
Xeno & Zero: Quest for the Stolen Gems 3 8.57%
Xeno & Zero: Quest of the Stolen Jewels 1 2.86%
Xeno & Zero: Quest of the Stolen Gems 0 0%
Other, post a reply telling us what the "Other" is! 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll
10-06-2009, 04:33 PM
#1
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: touchArcade
Posts: 749
Xeno & Zero (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Hey, I'm developing my own platformer! I always hated how Nintendo won't develop iPhone apps, so if they won't bring Mario to the iPhone, then I will! This game is very Mario-inspired, with a lot of new features too. This is in early development, but I just wanted to let you guys know about it.

You can post here what features you would like to see in the game, and we will read every one and seriously consider them, but there are no promises. it's too early at this time to show a screenshot, but with the help of some staff members, we could get some sooner! PM me if you'd like to join! I've posted a poll here for you guys to vote on the game's title because we're still not sure on it. Xeno & Robo are like Mario and Luigi.

Last edited by hardcoregamer; 11-24-2009 at 09:00 PM.
10-06-2009, 04:38 PM
#2
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcoregamer View Post
Hey, I'm developing my own platformer, with the help of a few other artists and programmers, of course. I always hated how Nintendo won't develop iPhone apps, so if they won't bring Mario to the iPhone, then I will! This game is very Mario-inspired, with a lot of new features too. This is in early development, but I just wanted to let you guys know about it.

You can post here what features you would like to see in the game, and we will read every one and seriously consider them

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up


Just remake this someday. It's all I ask.

10-06-2009, 04:40 PM
#3
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: touchArcade
Posts: 749
I want that game too!

I'm not that good a dev, and I don't want any chance of having to deal with copyright infringement. I also saw the thread with what you just said on it! lol I want someone to remake this game someday too!
10-06-2009, 05:37 PM
#4
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,610
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
hardcore im finishing zero but how about different accesories for the characters with the in-game store, i have made a couple of hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.
10-06-2009, 05:40 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,396
Okay for one thing all those sub names are terrible, too bland for my tastes. Since you already have such a exotic name for your title, you should do the same for your subname...can't think of one right now though

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-06-2009, 05:51 PM
#6
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,610
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
Okay for one thing all those sub names are terrible, too bland for my tastes. Since you already have such a exotic name for your title, you should do the same for your subname...can't think of one right now though
if you REALLY want to copy mario and luigi then call it

Xeno and Zero: Partners in crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.
10-06-2009, 05:52 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey146 View Post
if you REALLY want to copy mario and luigi then call it

Xeno and Zero: Partners in crime
Okay you quoted me so are you directing that at me?

I never said one word about wanting it to be like mario

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-06-2009, 05:55 PM
#8
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,610
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
Okay you quoted me so are you directing that at me?

I never said one word about wanting it to be like mario
i qouted you cause u were talking about changing the sub-names

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.
10-06-2009, 06:05 PM
#9
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: touchArcade
Posts: 749
We already have hats in the store such as the afr- oops tmi! They can't be partners in crime because they're good guys fighting against Growler, the evil boss monster who stole the jewe- man! Did it again! Keep checking this thread for more of my slip-ups guys, and spread the word about the game!
10-06-2009, 06:09 PM
#10
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,610
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcoregamer View Post
We already have hats in the store such as the afr- oops tmi! They can't be partners in crime because they're good guys fighting against Growler, the evil boss monster who stole the jewe- man! Did it again! Keep checking this thread for more of my slip-ups guys, and spread the word about the game!
*facepalm*

its more of an expression but whatever, ill get back to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.