★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

I Dig It Remastered (by InMotion Software, LLC)

03-16-2016, 03:21 AM
I Dig It Remastered (by InMotion Software, LLC)

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 03-16-2016 at 03:28 PM.
03-16-2016, 05:27 AM
Are the "remastered" changes worth the 4 bucks compared to "I dig it"? I see it's nearly 300MB, while the first one is 13MB, but the game description is identical to "I dig it".

03-16-2016, 02:58 PM
It appears so yes, aside from looking fabulous there is a new endless mode and some other stuff. I am picking this up right now as I dig it is one of my all time favorites.
03-16-2016, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
It appears so yes, aside from looking fabulous there is a new endless mode and some other stuff. I am picking this up right now as I dig it is one of my all time favorites.
I'll wait for your impressions, because the original also had "open-ended free play mode", and the descriptions are identical (except the original says 8 minigames and this one says 4 minigames).
03-16-2016, 07:28 PM

I Dig It Remastered isn`t really a new Game but at the same time I have to be honest about my relationship with the Game. After a couple of years with I Dig It Games it`s still like on the first day.

I just can`t get enough of it and the Core Gameplay of those I Dig It Games hasn`t really changed that much over the last couple of years but I still love it as it is and can spent hours with it without getting bored for even a single minute.

I`m deeply sorry but I can`t really explain why it`s just like when I start to dig in the Game I`m kinda lost in my own Timebubble where I just keep playing and playing and...

Those four Mini Games are actually Challenges:

03-16-2016, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
YouTube: video

I Dig It Remastered isn`t really a new Game but at the same time I have to be honest about my relationship with the Game. After a couple of years with I Dig It Games it`s still like on the first day.

I just can`t get enough of it and the Core Gameplay of those I Dig It Games hasn`t really changed that much over the last couple of years but I still love it as it is and can spent hours with it without getting bored for even a single minute.

I`m deeply sorry but I can`t really explain why it`s just like when I start to dig in the Game I`m kinda lost in my own Timebubble where I just keep playing and playing and...

Those four Mini Games are actually Challenges:

Hi! So it's the same game as i dig it hd? Thanks!
03-16-2016, 08:27 PM
Sanuku, is your video recording on an iPhone or iPad? The screen looks a bit cramped to me, after redownloading and launching I Dig It HD (which is still surprisingly working on iOS 9).

I also love i Dig It, but the F2P version of the game turned me off.

Good to see them returning to premium.

Last edited by Collin; 03-16-2016 at 08:53 PM.
03-16-2016, 09:07 PM
Played it on my iPhone 6 and I have to say, InMotion did a great job cleaning this game up. It looks pretty good and controls really well. I'd say if you've never played I Dig It before or.....ugh, (shudders) played the third one, I'd definitely give this one a shot. I really hope they remaster IDI: Expeditions now. That was my fav of the three. If you've played it before or own the original, I'd says there's really not a whole lot new besides the mini games and endless mode. It's not a "must have", but definitely worth it if did buy it. It's still a great game and I'm happy to support the devs for putting the work into it.
03-16-2016, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin View Post
Sanuku, is your video recording on an iPhone or iPad? The screen looks a bit cramped to me, after redownloading and launching I Dig It HD (which is still surprisingly working on iOS 9).

I also love i Dig It, but the F2P version of the game turned me off.

Good to see them returning to premium.
Played it on my iPad Pro. The Screen is actually that way, just checked it again while playing the Video in the Background and had an Teststream running on my Mac and the Screens looked exactly the same on all three of my Screens I am using to compare the different sources.

With what Device were you comparing it?
03-16-2016, 11:07 PM
I was basing it on "I Dig It HD", on my iPad, not on this new version of the game. I haven't bought this yet, but I probably will.

It just seems pulled in tight compared to HD.

Does anyone know if they plan to update I Dig It HD or Expeditions?