★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Guardian Force: Hearthstone meets XCOM

03-16-2016, 04:33 PM
Guardian Force: Hearthstone meets XCOM

Did I get your attention?

Hi everyone, I'm the lead designer on our upcoming game Guardian Force. It is a turn based squad tactics game with CCG mechanics and physics based combat. Core pillars are tactical variety and emergent gameplay.

The game world is based on the animated TV series Slugterra, a land below the earth's surface where sentient slugs are your live ammo and your companions.

It is coming out on March 24th iOS, for both iPhones and iPads.

Some screenshots below, and you can find a launch teaser trailer here.

This is the first time I'm announcing a game here, so please let me know if you have any questions/feedback about the game. I'm a big fan of both Hearthstone and XCOM which is why we have borrowed elements from both games (CCG and mana progression from Hearthstone and tactical combat elements from XCOM, obvs) and tried to simplify them as much as I could, to make it a smooth intuitive experience on mobile.

Would people be interested in promo codes to play the game before launch? Would you like to hear more about specific parts of the game? I'll be happy to answer questions!

Cheers,
Taylan
03-16-2016, 06:45 PM
Very much SO!

THat title absolutely caught my attention...and if the game delivers on that theme and game play color me hooked. Glad it isn't a tease for another far off 1 year down the line release either. Any beta or events/early access etc? If so, count me in!

Oh!!! lol..i didn't even see the rest of your post at the bottom of the page, yes please git mah promo codes to meh so I cans play asap! Thanks man.

Sid.

03-16-2016, 07:08 PM
Haha, okay I will send you a PM with the code once the game clears the review process on iOS, which shouldn't be too long.

Btw, I'm realizing the mention of Hearthstone may have been a bit misleading, as we are focusing on single player at the moment. That said, we have been supporting and adding features to our previous game for nearly four years now, so the launch offering is just the beginning.
03-16-2016, 07:22 PM
Would love a promo code. Looks promising. Can't wait to play it! Sweet combination of two great games.
03-16-2016, 09:24 PM
Nah, ur good.

My favorite thing about hearthstone are the single player raid modules like naxxrammas, black rock, etc...I wish they weren't so exp..cuz I barely care about the cards rather more care about playing a single player raid experience in card form...which is a feat I must say..to have even included special parts of raid boss fights into a single player card game..was awesome, I wish more CCG's would include some kind of single player campaign...that would have been a better trainer than just mock battles imp, but. I digress... I know what you are trying to convey with the hearthstone description.
03-16-2016, 09:43 PM
Could be an interesting combination of styles. Is this going to be free-to-play or premium?
03-16-2016, 11:06 PM
I want to play this right now ! Two of the best games in one ? Yes please !
03-17-2016, 02:18 AM
We sure would be interested in codes to play before launch!! Is that possible? I'd love one, and I'm sure others would too!

Looks great. And another one that's very much more interested in single player these days anyway.
03-17-2016, 02:22 AM
Looks fun!

Will it be freemium or paid?

I would love an early access code.
Thank you
03-17-2016, 03:30 AM
wow, i love slugterra a lot. im looking forward to play this

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2