★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Treasure Buster: Brand new arcade fun from the team behind "Slayin"

03-17-2016, 09:35 AM
Treasure Buster: Brand new arcade fun from the team behind "Slayin"

Hi everyone at TA

I am very happy to announce the new game from PixelLicker of Slayin fame, which FDG is very proud to publish on iOS and Android:

Treasure Buster

More Infos coming soon.
The game will also be playable at GDC today. Visit the Clickteam booth 305 in the main exhibitor all for a shot to try it yourself.

Project Manager FDG-Entertainment
03-17-2016, 11:15 AM
Please tell me this is coming out soon or beta is available

03-17-2016, 11:21 AM
Cool. Will be watching for this one.
loved Slayin' but always wished levels were randomly generated.
03-17-2016, 02:25 PM
Oh Yeah!
I wonder how the icon iz going to look
03-18-2016, 03:40 AM
thanks for the kind responses so far. Happy you like what you see

Some of you might have already guessed:
The soundtrack is once again delivered by the very talented Norrin Radd aka Matt Creamer.
If you even have the slightest interrest in chiptune it is worth checking out his YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/NorrinRadd22/featured

he did a super interesting set of videos about how he made the venture kid soundtrack and i hope we will see some Treasure Buster related stuff there, too.

03-18-2016, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korbinian@FDG View Post
thanks for the kind responses so far. Happy you like what you see

Some of you might have already guessed:
The soundtrack is once again delivered by the very talented Norrin Radd aka Matt Creamer.
If you even have the slightest interrest in chiptune it is worth checking out his YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/NorrinRadd22/featured

he did a super interesting set of videos about how he made the venture kid soundtrack and i hope we will see some Treasure Buster related stuff there, too.
The dude is amazing.
03-18-2016, 05:03 AM
Slayin is one of my favorite iOS games of all time. Treasure Buster looks to be another winner.
03-18-2016, 08:07 AM
This looks fantastic. Looking forward to giving this one a go
03-18-2016, 08:27 AM
Love your games but it almost looks like mindless bouncing around. I hope it's less about luck. Hopefully, accuracy and precision is important in this game. Either way, I'm still looking forward to this.

My screen name is misunderstood. I am not some arrogant person who thinks he's so cool. Cool, because I like cold weather and Pepper because I'm hot.

Game Center: BakedCracker
03-21-2016, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Love your games but it almost looks like mindless bouncing around. I hope it's less about luck. Hopefully, accuracy and precision is important in this game. Either way, I'm still looking forward to this.
Don't worry. The game is typical easy to learn and hard to master material.

At first it is viable to just shoot away and just have fun but enemies, items and levels are designed in such clever ways that the game slowly forces you to think about your next move.
There even is a counter mechanic: if you tap the screen at the exact moment an enemy projectile would connect, you can negate the damage.
So lots of Strategie if you want to really get into it.