★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Kinetic Damage $2.99 --> Free

03-18-2016, 01:15 AM
#1
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,949
Kinetic Damage $2.99 --> Free




First time free in 3 years, and I don't know for how long it will stay free.

https://itunes.apple.com/do/app/kinetic-damage/id653222766?mt=8
03-18-2016, 02:02 AM
#2
This app has been free for years.

03-18-2016, 02:23 AM
#3
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: On the toilet
Posts: 4,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser297 View Post
This app has been free for years.
No it hasn't unless there was a lite version also.
03-18-2016, 03:12 AM
#4
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser297 View Post
This app has been free for years.
Not this one. You're making a mistake with another one for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	100823  
03-18-2016, 01:35 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
First time free in 3 years, and I don't know for how long it will stay free.
Permanently.
The game has lived its good times on pricing, and while it didn't get the return on investment I was aiming at (barely covering the yearly app dev program), the critical reception was a very good reward on its own. I feel that 3 years later after its release, it should be offered to anyone who wants to play. I made it out of passion rather than business. Thanks for your incredible support Touch Arcade, I mean it. I hope you'll enjoy !

Think, arm, strike. Kinetic Damage,

Now on iOS : Full Version (free)
Facebook page || Touch Arcade's review ! (1.5.1)
03-18-2016, 02:05 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticDamage View Post
Permanently.
The game has lived its good times on pricing, and while it didn't get the return on investment I was aiming at (barely covering the yearly app dev program), the critical reception was a very good reward on its own. I feel that 3 years later after its release, it should be offered to anyone who wants to play. I made it out of passion rather than business. Thanks for your incredible support Touch Arcade, I mean it. I hope you'll enjoy !
Wow... Mad respects.

You should consider adding in ads and an ad remover IAP at least though. That would be fine to me at least. one of the iOS originals i'd be glad to spend money into again, and never feel like a waste. Of course not everyone would feel the same way. iOS community is a delicate creature.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-18-2016, 03:01 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticDamage View Post
Permanently.
The game has lived its good times on pricing, and while it didn't get the return on investment I was aiming at (barely covering the yearly app dev program), the critical reception was a very good reward on its own. I feel that 3 years later after its release, it should be offered to anyone who wants to play. I made it out of passion rather than business. Thanks for your incredible support Touch Arcade, I mean it. I hope you'll enjoy !
Wow!... Thanks a lot. I downloaded it today on my 4S, and only got to create my character and play a match. It looks gorgeous.
03-18-2016, 10:20 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Wow... Mad respects.

You should consider adding in ads and an ad remover IAP at least though. That would be fine to me at least. one of the iOS originals i'd be glad to spend money into again, and never feel like a waste. Of course not everyone would feel the same way. iOS community is a delicate creature.
He should not add ads because there are people who still purchased this game.
03-18-2016, 10:22 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticDamage View Post
Permanently.
The game has lived its good times on pricing, and while it didn't get the return on investment I was aiming at (barely covering the yearly app dev program), the critical reception was a very good reward on its own. I feel that 3 years later after its release, it should be offered to anyone who wants to play. I made it out of passion rather than business. Thanks for your incredible support Touch Arcade, I mean it. I hope you'll enjoy !
Do you plan to make more games?
03-19-2016, 08:25 AM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Wow... Mad respects.

You should consider adding in ads and an ad remover IAP at least though. That would be fine to me at least. one of the iOS originals i'd be glad to spend money into again, and never feel like a waste. Of course not everyone would feel the same way. iOS community is a delicate creature.
Thanks Psience ! I'm not intending to add any monetization, ads would break the immersion imo. Generally, the fast paced sessions of fighting games don't go along very well with ad intrusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Wow!... Thanks a lot. I downloaded it today on my 4S, and only got to create my character and play a match. It looks gorgeous.
Thank you ! It was designed for mobile phones screens at the time, while I realize it's not on par anymore with current gen graphics, I'm glad it still remains an enjoyable environment. I must say that the devil is in the gameplay details, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklloyd777 View Post
Do you plan to make more games?
That's actually a question I'm seriously asking myself right now. Can't deny the inspiration is coming back for maybe a different genre. I'd like to continue on my way of making console-sized games, therefore improving my graphic design skills, all while searching for some kind of original game design approaches. It would take another 2 years of my life at least, but the game creation ride is so enjoyable I'd not regret it.

I was thinking lately which games really did mark my childhood gaming memories, which would serve as a strong inspiration. I'd also like to tell a mesmerizing story, all while using a simple gamedesign approach to avoid making the dev cycle lasting for a decade. Platform games are a bit overcrowded genre currently, so maybe an RPG ? Hint : some Sega oldschool titles like Phantasy Star 2 have a special place in my memories ...

Think, arm, strike. Kinetic Damage,

Now on iOS : Full Version (free)
Facebook page || Touch Arcade's review ! (1.5.1)

Last edited by KineticDamage; 03-19-2016 at 08:29 AM.