★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Sean Kiley
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 150.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Chess meets Match Three!

A brand new match three experience based on the rules of chess. Can you beat the puzzles and capture all the treasure?

How to play:

- Create blocks of matching chess pieces to score points.

- Pieces move the same way as in chess - use pawns, knights, bishops, rooks, queens and kings.

- Beat the target score for each turn or suffer lock downs, restricting your options on the board.

- Master all the combos to earn bonus points.

- Hit high scores to capture treasure for your collection.

- Three types of level to master - Game, Puzzle and Challenge

Chesster is a Universal App and is compatible with iPod 4 and above, iPhone 4 and above and iPad 2 and above.

iOS 6.0 or later OS version is required.

Chesster is developed by Team Chesster and is proudly presented by Surprise Attack Games - Remarkable Games from Independent Creators

Visit our site - http://surpriseattackgames.com
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/supattackgames or http://twitter.com/supattackgamnes
Find us on facebook at http://facebook.com/surpriseattack

Email us with questions, support queries or ideas at support@surpriseattackgames.com

03-18-2016, 04:41 AM
Pretty awesome.

03-18-2016, 06:34 AM
Does the game ever explain why you lose points? I recorded some video last night. Even when I set up special moves with Queens and scored good points, every single move it cut down my score. I can't find any explanation in the game for it. What am I missing? The visuals are also hard on my eyes. Trying so hard to love this as I'm desperate for a good premium match-3. But this isn't sucking me in. I like the idea of it more than the execution.

Edit: I see the "Demand" now -- I guess that's what I was missing before and what was causing me to lose points. The way the word is written, it never caught my attention. I just noticed the green and red numbers when my score ended. Again, the whole presentation bothers my eyes. The lettering of the words, the pieces design. I probably should have noticed it from the screenshots, but I didn't realize it would bother my eyes until I was actually playing. I would love a cleaner design. I'll try to give this more time, but everything's just so overdone that it's uncomfortable for me to look at it for more than a bit.

Edit 2: Something's very wrong. First turn on a game, it said "Demand: 100." I scored 100 points and it slashed all of it. Does the demand mean I need to reach that score so as not to get a penalty or that those points will be deducted no matter what? Why would the game take points from me for no reason? I don't understand this.

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 03-18-2016 at 07:21 AM.
03-18-2016, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
Does the game ever explain why you lose points? I recorded some video last night. Even when I set up special moves with Queens and scored good points, every single move it cut down my score. I can't find any explanation in the game for it. What am I missing? The visuals are also hard on my eyes. Trying so hard to love this as I'm desperate for a good premium match-3. But this isn't sucking me in. I like the idea of it more than the execution.

YouTube: video

Edit: I see the "Demand" now -- I guess that's what I was missing before and what was causing me to lose points. The way the word is written, it never caught my attention. I just noticed the green and red numbers when my score ended. Again, the whole presentation bothers my eyes. The lettering of the words, the pieces design. I probably should have noticed it from the screenshots, but I didn't realize it would bother my eyes until I was actually playing. I would love a cleaner design. I'll try to give this more time, but everything's just so overdone that it's uncomfortable for me to look at it for more than a bit.

Edit 2: Something's very wrong. First turn on a game, it said "Demand: 100." I scored 100 points and it slashed all of it. Does the demand mean I need to reach that score so as not to get a penalty or that those points will be deducted no matter what? Why would the game take points from me for no reason? I don't understand this.
Demand will be deducted no matter what it seems
03-18-2016, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
Demand will be deducted no matter what it seems
Thanks! Any idea why, though? That seems like an odd mechanic.
03-18-2016, 07:49 AM
Been waiting for this one
03-18-2016, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
Thanks! Any idea why, though? That seems like an odd mechanic.
The app info says:
" Beat the target score for each turn or suffer lock downs, restricting your options on the board."

So i guess you have to try to reach/ pass the demanded score to avoid lock downs
03-18-2016, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amusing Grace View Post
The app info says:
" Beat the target score for each turn or suffer lock downs, restricting your options on the board."

So i guess you have to try to reach/ pass the demanded score to avoid lock downs
But that's the thing. Even reaching or beating that score causes me to lose the Demand points. I've lost points every single turn, no matter what. And "lock downs" sound like it puts up some sort of barrier, like maybe more wall pieces. That in no way implies that you lose points. I've just never heard of a game deducting points no matter what you do. It's the strangest thing.

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 03-18-2016 at 08:14 AM.
03-18-2016, 08:16 AM
As pretty as the game is, info agree with you on a cleaner design. Probably too late now but this game would have benefitted from a minimalist approach like Power Grounds or Tall Chess.
03-18-2016, 08:35 AM
A tutorial would be nice I'm a little lost