★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Run-n-Gunner : Wanted

03-21-2016, 01:06 AM
Run-n-Gunner : Wanted

I just recently started playing Xenowerk and am Loving it! I like the duel stick feel, the maping layout, the guns, effects, and simplicity..

I am looking for suggestions on ios game with similar qualities, maybe not exactly, but at least similar.. I think i know ios gaming as well as the next guy, but i am sure open to suggestions on this one..

I do plan to back this game up with Space Marshals, then hopefully SM2... In the meantime, however, id like something to scratch this itch that i may not be thinking of.

About the closest i can think of is Storm Casters Ultra, but this does not have as much soul as Xenowerk, imo.

Any games come to mind? I do prefer premium titles, but im open to ftp if done well enough.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by JohnnyClash; 03-21-2016 at 01:20 AM.
03-21-2016, 05:55 AM
As far as dual stick shooters go look no further than Geometry Wars 3. Pretty much the best one available on the App Store imo.
03-21-2016, 06:32 AM
Here are a few good topdown shooters

A Few Days Left
Lara Croft Guardian of Light
Halo Spartan Strike

And a couple fantastic arcade dual stick shooters:

Geometry Wars 3
Inferno 2

Also, if you havent yet, check out Implosion. It's a topdown hack and slash with dual stick shooting. One of the absolute best games on iOS.
03-21-2016, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the good replies, guys... Yeah, I need to fire up Imposion.. I have only skimmed the surface of this game, since getting it for free several months back..

As for : A Few Days Left, Lara Croft Guardian of Light, Halo Spartan Strike, Geometry Wars 3, Inferno 2... These I am not as familiar with. Thanks for the tips!