Le Parker Sous Chef Extraordinaire (2D Platformer)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by playpretend, Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playpretend

playpretend Active Member

Hey TouchArcade! We're longtime fans of the site, we're a little group of designers and developers called Play Pretend, and we're excited to introduce Le Parker: Sous Chef Extraordinaire. We kinda quietly previewed the game at GDC, it is nearly finished, and we wanted to post the trailer here on the forums.

Our goal with Le Parker is for it to feel pure, absolutely responsive, to have sharp stage design, and for people to feel like their skill level is really growing as they play. The game takes place in an odd little culinary universe, there are 32 stages, over twenty original songs, a French princess who waxes poetic about our hero, the game is tough as hell, and we think it's really rewarding. It should be in the app store this April/May.

About Play Pretend - we're a group of friends that have been developing this game over the last few years. We grew up with classics like Mario and Sonic, but also weirder platformers like Dynamite Heady, Gunstar Heroes, Kid Chameleon, Earthworm Jim, Astal, and we wanted to make a platformer that respected those traditions while doing things in a new way. The game started as a weekend hobby and has slowly become an earnest project, so we're excited to be in the final stretch of development.

Anyway, we just wanted to get it out here on the forums. We'd love any initial feedback or questions about the game, and we will do our best to update this thread with additional visuals, some music, media, and information in the near future.

Thanks, from the team!

2. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Looks amazing. When can I beta test??

3. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Looks good,just followed and tweeted the video

4. playpretend

Thanks! We're excited and are in the home stretch - just a few features/bugs to sort out (e.g., adding MFi controller support). Will keep you posted for any testing/promo codes.

5. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Great I'll be looking out

6. lemessie

lemessie Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Trop bien !;)

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    This.Looks.Incredible.

That is all.

8. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Looks like it could become one of the best iOS platformers ever. It just looks so pretty. The hints at boss battles and big expansive level design excites me too.

9. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    i love the art style of this game. gonna check this once its out :)

10. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Incredible preview! You (your team) has definately captured and freshened up the genre of the games described in your post/description.

Is it endless...or Levels....???

I look forward to playing this cute and fun filled platformer!

Good luck!

11. playpretend

There are 32 levels across 4 worlds. Thanks for the kind words, we will post more updates soon.

12. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Agree with previous posts. This looks gorgeous and it's obvious a lot of work/love went into this. Can't wait to dive in.

Hope it's more April than May as I'm pumped to play, but do what you gotta do to get it right.

13. playpretend

Hey TouchArcade. Sorry we have been silent for a bit. We are working hard to get the game ready to submit, but we wanted to share a little bit more of the game with you all. The following is a level from the Cave world. It is the first full level play-through that we have shared, we wanted to tell you about it first!

Enjoy, and please let us know if you have any questions, we will answer them all. Stay tuned to this thread, we will be posting more updates about the game in the near future.

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Looks beautiful and looks like the controls are tight. Can't wait for launch!

15. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    this game looks so funny ! i love the colours and the design

16. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    beautiful and great level design. im hoping that the controls will works as well(touch n mfi).

17. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Any release updates? Really excited for this one.

18. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    How could I miss this game?
    Awesome guys! Will buy it immediately!
    My brother is a chef too!:D

19. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Wow I nearly missed that game because of its title, I never thought with that title it could have been a great game. Je garde un œil dessus.

20. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

Looks promising.