★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bootant LLC
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 24.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1.7
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Prepare to be boarded! Pirate Waters is a very enjoyable 3D game. Sail your ship by tilting your iPhone or iPod Touch. Destroy enemy ships. Collect treasures and collect different power-ups. Rescue sailors. Upgrade your ship at docks. Sail through 20 levels across different environments (south, north, tropics, volcanoes, snow). Save the world from evil pirates and become a pirate too!

Enjoy the game! Arrr!

bootant's comments:
Special launch price 0.99! SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY! Regular price 2.99!

and a short video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Lite version is out too: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pirate-waters-lite/id338628516?mt=8

Thanks
10-06-2009, 10:17 PM
looks pretty good for just $0.99

10-06-2009, 10:24 PM
this is a bootant game? cool!! you should maybe put that in the app description unless you dont want anyone to know you guys made this. in that case maybe you should not.

genres are not to be seen as forms of textual codifications, but as systems of orientations, expectations and conventions that circulate between industry, text and subject.
10-06-2009, 11:04 PM
It could be good, but I was sort of hoping for something approximating naval battles. Like ships firing broadsides, that sort of thing.
10-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbeaver View Post
this is a bootant game? cool!! you should maybe put that in the app description unless you dont want anyone to know you guys made this. in that case maybe you should not.
lol saw it on appshopper first and already knew who made the game just looking at the 5th screenshot by the trees same exact trees in their other games.

I dont really wanna sound mean but this is just crazy tanks on water no? or Crazy Choppers or w/e its called is in air all the same gameplay, even borrowed graphics.

Last edited by Scott30; 10-06-2009 at 11:42 PM.
10-07-2009, 12:12 AM
There are no trees in CrazyTanks Maybe gameplay is a little bit similar. We use this palm tree in Crazy Choppers and I think this is the only object we use from another game (we borrowed this palm tree from ourselves ). All other objects are original in this game. There are a lot of objects (islands, volcanoes, rocks, lighthouses, castles, mermaids,...) There are whole bunch of enemy ships (sail ships, steam ships, submarines) There are 20 levels in different environments.

Last edited by bootant; 10-07-2009 at 12:33 AM.
10-07-2009, 03:22 AM
Can I freely replay previous levels to gain more gold and make my ship more powerful?
Lets say level 5 has boss guy in it and I am not strong enough, so I go back to play level 4 to get money and upgrade my ship and go back to level 5...

Are there boss battles?

The map I see on the screenshots with the number "1" and "2", are those the two of the 20 levels?

If two or more of my answers can be answered with yes, then I will buy it. :-) Besides I noticed the developer does frequent updates to their games. That alone made me almost buy it as I know I can expect a few things down the road.
10-07-2009, 05:37 AM
Is this a TBS ?

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
10-07-2009, 05:41 AM
this looks good, a multiplayer is a must for this one...
10-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustbyte View Post
this looks good, a multiplayer is a must for this one...
.. but not for me. :-) Its of course personal preference. I see myself happily exploring the region, collecting gold, building a super cool ship and rid the world of all evil.

Death match is for me pretty uninteresting.
However, I could imagine co-cop. Another player with his profile helps to defeat a tough guy. Or we trade goods, etc.