★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[NZ AU] Lowglow (by Rockodile)

03-22-2016, 03:01 AM
[NZ AU] Lowglow (by Rockodile)

Lowglow

Rockodile
Genres: Games Puzzle
Free

Quote:
Lowglow - an audiovisual puzzle journey. Glowingly beautiful graphics combined with a dynamic audio environment make sure that Lowglow is an unforgettable, mind-bending experience for you!

-Beautiful graphics that play with glow and darkness like no other game before.
-Tranquil ambient musics combined with dynamic sfx create a soothing and engaging gameplay experience.
-As the game progresses it offers the player lots of different mechanics, keeping the gameplay fresh.
-All of this is being tied together with a story that takes the player on a journey to save the realm of Umbralite.
-Be warned! You will forget the surrounding world when you get sucked into the Lowglow!

Features
The game includes over 100 mind-bending levels. The gameplay is physics driven and plays with different gravitations, pushes, pulls and portals for starters. You are an astral light drop in the endless sea of darkness, trying to bring shine where it's needed the most.

Each set of levels has a strong theme where the coloring, audio and mechanics vary greatly. The levels have lots of weird mechanics that are sure to keep you entertained throughout the game.

PLEASE NOTE! Lowglow is completely free to download and play but some game items may be purchased for real money. To disable this, turn off the in-app purchases in your device's settings.

* The minimum iOS version required is iOS8
* Compatible with iPad Air / Air 2 / Mini 3 / Mini 4
and iPhone 5s / 6 / 6s / 6+ / 6s+

THANK YOU!

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 83.4MB

Last edited by jonikuusisto; 03-22-2016 at 03:08 AM. Reason: AppInfo fix
03-22-2016, 09:20 AM
The puzzles have potential. But the story is way too pretentious for me and the energy system is brutal, it took me 5 minutes and 22 seconds to burn through my energy.

03-22-2016, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchy85 View Post
The puzzles have potential. But the story is way too pretentious for me and the energy system is brutal, it took me 5 minutes and 22 seconds to burn through my energy.
I believe there is an iap that removes ads and the energy system. Not sure on the price.
03-22-2016, 10:54 AM

Here is the gameplay video. Game looks cool. Energy system is too bad for these type of games

GAME CENTER ID: TECHZAMAZING
03-22-2016, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
I believe there is an iap that removes ads and the energy system. Not sure on the price.
I think it's 7,99 nz dollar, that's a bit steep for me.
03-22-2016, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techzamazing View Post
YouTube: video

Here is the gameplay video. Game looks cool. Energy system is too bad for these type of games
Gonna play as soon as it hits the Netherlands, looks like my kind of game.

Last edited by ROGER-NL; 03-22-2016 at 02:08 PM.
03-23-2016, 04:17 PM

The main goal in Lowglow is to handle drops in a way they can get collected by a Sphere.

Which sound pretty easy at the beginning and indeed is get`s harder the further you move in the Game forward.

The game does slowly introduce more and more Gameplay Mechanics that will make it harder for you to actually archive your goal and the harder the puzzle parts get the more enjoyable the Game (at least for me) became.

Each Level does cost you 2 Glow. Those Glows can be obtain through different ways: Watching Ads, Waiting till a Timer does run out and collect at the beginning up to 20 of those Glows till you run out of Space.

There is also a way to obtain the Full Game which does disable the Glow Thing in the Game and afterwards you can play through the hole Game without having to wait till you collect enough Glows to move on.

The Full Game is also available on Steam around $7 ~ $8.

Conclusion:

Pretty decent Puzzle Game that needs probably a tweak here and there to be playable without hitting a Paywall since at the current moment you run out pretty fast out of Glows to move forward in the Game and only get like 1-2 every couple of Minutes so you are currently waiting more then actually playing the Game after your first like ten Minutes of Gameplay.

Secondly I would like to mention that some of the ways in the Game to obtain more Glows are totally unbalanced. The Game does from time to time offer you to own a Stack by watching a Video but when you actually click on it it does only offer you 2. Glows. This definitly is not enough in comparing how long it sometimes does take to solve a Level.

The among of Glows that you get for watching an Ad that can be up to one Minute should be at least six Glows.