★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ngmoco, LLC
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 18.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 3 (1)
App description: Dr. Awesome Plus+ is now FREE and uses the Plus+ Network! Create your Dr. Awesome Plus+ profile and start saving your friends. If you don't want a profile, search the paid category for standard Dr. Awesome. Plus+ lets you show off your scores to the world with Plus+ leaderboards, earn Plus+ Points and compare your Awards with your Plus+ friends, and take your progress anywhere with Network iSave.

---------------------------------------------

WORTH EVERY PENNY -- 5 STARS
"Probably one of the most fun games on the store right now, it's really simple and really fun"
-- Raphyy

WOW -- 5 STARS
"So awesome, I like how it takes the names from your contacts and uses them for the patients names you save. Really fun and innovative game for the iPhone. I'd pay more than $1.99 for it."
-- MrDUDE42

YOU ARE DR. AWESOME, THE WORLD'S
MOST POPULAR MICROSURGEON

A deadly strain of virus is attacking the population and friends across the Plus+ network and your contact list have been infected! Prove your awesome skills and perform microsurgery using precise accelerometer controls. Earn Plus+ Points, show off your Plus+ Awards to your friends and be the top doctor on the Plus+ Leaderboards. Take your patients anywhere with Network iSave.

Dr. Awesome's comic narrative and infinitely re-playable arcade action will keep you on call around the clock. From the makers of critically-acclaimed Topple 2 and Rolando 2, Dr. Awesome is crafted exclusively for iPhone and iPod touch.

PLUS+ ENABLED Add friends, access online leaderboards, and earn Plus+ Points. Show off your Awards to your friends, and take your progress anywhere with Network iSave.

o Save your friends! Your Plus+ friends and contacts become your patients

o Use Tilt control to carefully perform microsurgery and eradicate mutagens

o Fun, challenging & infinitely re-playable arcade action gameplay

o Discover & destroy 16 types of viruses and lethal bacteria

o Email your friends with updates on who was saved and who was lost

o Collect power-ups to give you an awesome advantage during surgery

Dr.Awesome - from ngmoco:) the makers of Topple 2, Rolando 2 & Star Defense

To learn more about ngmoco:) & our games visit our home on the web at http://www.ngmoco.com

The Bat Outta Hell's comments:
Stealing Hodapp's thunder.

By the screenshots it looks like they changed the 24 hour ticker to 48 hours. Woohoo?
10-06-2009, 10:55 PM
This is so annoying. I paid for the original Dr. Awesome... how long do I have to wait until the paid version has Plus+? Will it ever?

Same problem with Topple 2. It's very disrespectful to the people that bought the original game.

10-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzFlight View Post
This is so annoying. I paid for the original Dr. Awesome... how long do I have to wait until the paid version has Plus+? Will it ever?

Same problem with Topple 2. It's very disrespectful to the people that bought the original game.
I couldn't agree more. This is no way to treat the paying customers. I have a feeling that the updates to the originals aren't coming any time soon.
10-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Send a message via AIM to intake66
its the same for all of us. You win some and loose some. but in the end I am sure we all break even.
10-06-2009, 11:14 PM
im a little confused because when I got the new topple / rolando, etc. all the achievements I got in those games were auto-added to plus+, but Dr. Awesome hasn't, is this true for other people, it'd be annoying because I have all but one of the achievements...?
10-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Whew good thing I was always on the fence for this game.
Thanks for the headsup!

My law: Play any game you get starting on it's hardest difficulty. It's less fun and more frustrating that way
10-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Send a message via AIM to intake66
by the way I hope you guys are not mad that you spent 99 cents. If you did then I will look under some couch cushions and PM the change I find
10-06-2009, 11:19 PM
The lack of a simultaneous update to the old versions is still just as irritating as it was with Topple 2, but I'm still not going to complain about a free app!

If you haven't tried this game before, just get it. Its free, its mindlessly amusing and it has Plus+. Heck, the art style alone is worth the download!

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter
10-06-2009, 11:20 PM
It's not the money, it's the fact that they're adding the network feature of Plus+ ONLY to their ad-supported free version and leaving the people who financially supported them without any update. If people want the Plus+ leaderboards and achievements, now they have to restart the game at the beginning.

AND, they're still leaving the original versions of the games in the app store? Shouldn't this be against some kind of app store rule because they're essentially the same product?
10-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzFlight View Post
It's not the money, it's the fact that they're adding the network feature of Plus+ ONLY to their ad-supported free version and leaving the people who financially supported them without any update. If people want the Plus+ leaderboards and achievements, now they have to restart the game at the beginning.

AND, they're still leaving the original versions of the games in the app store? Shouldn't this be against some kind of app store rule because they're essentially the same product?
They are going to update the old versions to include Plus+, and it will merge your progress between versions. This has been confirmed.

I still have no idea why they bothered to launch a second app at all, but rest assured that there won't be any exclusive features to the free version.

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter