★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The most crazy, addictive & FUN physics based racing game ever made.

- Upgrade your truck and own the leaderboard.
- Race your friends & let them know who's the best.
- Loads of courses and vehicles including the Big Rig, the Tank and the Muscle Classic

MMX Hill Climb is the explosive follow up to massively successful MMX Racing. Download and play today.

hellscaretaker's comments:

MMX Hill Climb

Hutch Games Ltd
Genres: Games Action Racing
Free

Quote:
The most crazy, addictive & FUN physics based racer ever made.

- Upgrade your truck and own the leaderboard.
- Race your friends & let them know who's the best.
- Loads of courses and vehicles including the big rig, a tank and the muscle classic

MMX Hill Climb is the explosive follow up to massively successful MMX Racing. Download and play today.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 98.5MB

03-23-2016, 08:03 PM

Lets get one thing straight this is very much a soft launch it by no means looks the finished article. I found it very hard i not yet managed to get past the first stage as you seen from my video. Im sure there will be, Well i hope there will be some balancing done to this game to make it more fun and not wanting to throw my ipad across the room.

Credit also goes to NOEN for finding this one.

Streaming some of the newest and hottest games on youtube search touchgameplay

Last edited by hellscaretaker; 03-23-2016 at 08:05 PM.

03-23-2016, 08:18 PM

I have with it as much fun as with MMX Racing also i have to mention that at the current Moment the third City Stage is kinda unbalanced and I just keep dying at that first bridge and if I manage to get past it the second One pretty much does end all my dreams of finishing this Stage in less then a couple of seconds

The Core Gameplay Mechanics are already in the Game as far as I can tell and I really do enjoy racing the Team from Hutch Games also it seems like some of them are using pretty heavy tuned Mashines already at the beginning of the Game so don`t expect to be faster then them straight from the start of the Game

If I would have to think about what I would change about the current Build I would say that there is definitly too much Pink/Red in the Game.

Besides those two unbalanced Bridge & the known Issue with the Default Sound Settings the Game is pretty decent for an Build as early as the current One.

Conclusion:

Looking forward to see how much and in what way the Game will evolve over the upcoming months and if I still will be able to race with the Team from Hutch Games and even win with a better geared up Racing Car.
03-23-2016, 08:28 PM
This is definitely a great start for Hutch, but like HCT said, it definitely doesn't feel finished. (It's a soft launch, so I understand.). It can get TOUGH too!! Like really tough! It's all about fringing and upgrading though like most hill climbers.

I'm hoping to see more added as Hutch works on the game. Like accessories for your trucks, paint schemes, ect. I'm sure it'll happen. I remember playing MMX when it was first soft launched and look how well that came together.

It's at least worth checking out if you have a NZ account.

A little tip: When you start the game up for the first time, you'll notice that there is no sound. Go into options and turn the sound/music up. It's set to mute at the start of the game on this build.
05-23-2016, 09:06 PM
Are there any updates as to approximate release date?
05-25-2016, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDJ76 View Post
Are there any updates as to approximate release date?
it's out now worldwide
05-25-2016, 11:38 AM
Holy poop on a stick. This week is shaping up to be one of the best weeks of the year. Thanks for letting us know!!
05-26-2016, 05:16 AM
Hard to the point of no fun.
05-26-2016, 09:30 AM
I needed 45 Min to finish Stage 1 but it was really fun awesome game with nice Graphics will take me hours to finish level 2 Happy Weekend
05-26-2016, 05:43 PM
If a game developer is going to make a game so hard that you can't even finish the first level to get a sense of accomplishment, then I see no point in playing this game anymore. Delete.