★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Comparisons to other games/apps

10-07-2009, 03:04 AM
Comparisons to other games/apps

So I'm working on polishing up my app store description and I'm wondering, is it kosher to have a tagline describing your game in terms of others? ie: "It's like Scrabble meets Breakout!" (or something along those lines)

I know Apple will reject keywords involving brand names or other apps, but is using other games as a frame of reference to describe your own app generally seen as OK, or is it a bit of a gray area? I'm struggling a bit with coming up with a great description so this would be of some help.

Thanks

Charles Joseph: designer/developer
Word Fall (App Store link)
Follow me on Twitter!
10-07-2009, 06:37 AM
You should be able to get away with this. Unlike keywords (which affect search and can only be changed once per update), there is minimal scrutiny on AppStore descriptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessThanYouThink View Post
So I'm working on polishing up my app store description and I'm wondering, is it kosher to have a tagline describing your game in terms of others? ie: "It's like Scrabble meets Breakout!" (or something along those lines)

I know Apple will reject keywords involving brand names or other apps, but is using other games as a frame of reference to describe your own app generally seen as OK, or is it a bit of a gray area? I'm struggling a bit with coming up with a great description so this would be of some help.

Thanks