★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Which online leaderboard do you like best?

10-07-2009, 09:04 AM
#1
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 230
Which online leaderboard do you like best?

I want to create an online high scores table for an upcoming app. Any recommendations?
10-07-2009, 09:11 AM
#2
I like OpenFeint.

- Very easy to integrate
- Support for awards
- Facebook / Twitter
- Exposes your game to people on your friends list (discovery engine)

10-07-2009, 09:22 AM
#3
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynardo View Post
I like OpenFeint.

- Very easy to integrate
- Support for awards
- Facebook / Twitter
- Exposes your game to people on your friends list (discovery engine)
Thanks, that one was recommended by a customer too. Will take a look.
10-07-2009, 09:45 AM
#4
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: The US
Posts: 448
Send a message via AIM to Kyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastersoft View Post
Thanks, that one was recommended by a customer too. Will take a look.
No, that was recommend by me on the beta forums. :P

Beta Testing(or Tested): Sniper Versus Sniper (Com2uS), Chronicles of Inotia: Wanderer of Luone, Heavy Gunner, IMO: The World of Magic, Slice It!.
10-07-2009, 10:16 AM
#5
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,096
Plus+ is the coolest imo. openfeint are scoreloop are good too.

Plus+ id: Fudgeboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I find DG incredibly sexy, just sayin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
You scare me, you honestly scare me
10-07-2009, 10:21 AM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,968
OpenFeint

I prefer OpenFeint, especially with the new interface.

Scoreboards are well set up, as are achievements. And you can auto publish to twitter and Facebook if you are into that.

And the latest version (2.2 I believe) will cache your scores/achievements and post them the next time you are online if you're an iPod Touch user like me.

I've never used the chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
10-07-2009, 11:10 AM
#7
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: The US
Posts: 448
Send a message via AIM to Kyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
I prefer OpenFeint, especially with the new interface.

Scoreboards are well set up, as are achievements. And you can auto publish to twitter and Facebook if you are into that.

And the latest version (2.2 I believe) will cache your scores/achievements and post them the next time you are online if you're an iPod Touch user like me.

I've never used the chat.
Chat scares me. I was just on there, and people were asking eachother out. :/

Beta Testing(or Tested): Sniper Versus Sniper (Com2uS), Chronicles of Inotia: Wanderer of Luone, Heavy Gunner, IMO: The World of Magic, Slice It!.
10-07-2009, 11:20 AM
#8
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket Kyle View Post
Chat scares me. I was just on there, and people were asking eachother out. :/
A/S/L?

Just kidding.

Eww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
10-07-2009, 02:55 PM
#9
Joined: May 2009
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Posts: 464
It is also worth noting that if you have chat you are required to rate your game as having "Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes". But you can disable chat in OpenFeint:

http://help.openfeint.com/faqs/guides-2/disabling-chat

Check out Sheepish, 100+ levels of puzzle fun! With sheep!
And more about us: www.pixelthismobile.com
plus+ id: Newtz
10-07-2009, 03:46 PM
#10
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 230
Thanks for all the info!