★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "It might be more addicting than Flappy Bird." - coolmaterial.com

"It's beautifully designed, ultra-simple, stupidly addicting, and too much fun." - airows.com

From the animation studio Tenggrenska comes a simple and addictive ping pong game. For how long time can you keep the run going? Enjoy the stunning design and animations when you play!

Endless challenge

Tenggrenska's comments:
PING PONG RUN!

Watch the Epic video:
https://vimeo.com/155958021

Grab it for FREE at:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ping-pong-run/id1044436689?mt=8
03-25-2016, 07:14 PM
Bizarre controls

If the developer is looking at this thread, I'm wondering why the decision was made to use a vertical slider as the controller for moving the player horizontally? I'm finding this very hard to get used to.

03-26-2016, 02:22 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Tenggrenska
Hey Grist! Thanks for playing our game. It takes a few runs to get used to the vertical mode, but once you do it feels natural. The two main reason we went for vertical was: we didn't want to cover the player with the thumb. And its suppose to be a little bit tricky
03-26-2016, 02:23 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Tenggrenska
/Oscar

Last edited by Tenggrenska; 03-26-2016 at 02:29 AM.
03-26-2016, 10:57 AM
I cheat and play it sideways. Who is the crazy "high score" announcer?
03-26-2016, 11:34 AM
Ok,

Believe it or not I actually like the verticals slider. It actually is pretty good.

The downside is that announcer voice has to go. It's hurting my head. Please. The high pitch is too much.

It's a fun game if you can stand that voice.

Billy
03-26-2016, 11:57 AM
Starting to get the hang of this

After posting my concerns yesterday about the vertical controls, I played a bit more and my brain finally got the message. Am enjoying the game now, but agree with another post who complained about the annoying yell that announces the score. Also, it would be nice to have scores registered on Game Center, assuming that Apple can find a way to fix Game Center soon.
03-26-2016, 02:01 PM
I hope we are not being too rude. Maybe it's the developer and he speaks like that all the time
03-26-2016, 06:24 PM
How to win a run

Has anyone figured out (including the developer) whether it is possible to win a run? I notice that a running score of winning runs is displayed after losing a run, and mine is a big fat zero after many attempts.
03-27-2016, 07:12 AM
Whoa this little game is awesome!

I really like the smooth animations. I do have some suggestions though for making this game bigger than an awesome little game:

- Option to place the slider on the left instead of right, so I can also play with my left thumb.

- The difficulty of the game is clearly increased around 22 points. Maby increase the difficulty each turn so it's less obvious (I hope you understand my explanation?).

- Unlocking table arena's, such as a world cup table or local ping pong club table/arena. (for the immersion, the black background can become boring).

- Unlock different characters with individual differences such as hitbox width.