Universal Cruise Control - Looking for beta testers.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dhw, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    #1 dhw, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    Escape pursuing cops, helicopters, dinosaurs, giant eagles and vector polygons. With easy to pick up gameplay, three endless levels and rocking 80's inspired graphics and soundtrack! Grab powerups and coins to clear the road and unlock all the cars!

Game Features

• [*]-Free to play!
      [*]-Intuitive one touch controls.
      [*]-Play in portrait or landscape mode.
      [*]-Explosive fast paced infinite driving action.
      [*]-Online rankings: compete for high scores.
      [*]-Killer synthwave soundtrack by Vector Hold.
      [*]-Tons of cars to collect.
      [*]-Pterodactyls with lasers.
      [*]-Share replays with your friends!​

Need your help​

We are just about to release the game on iOS. We are in need of a few beta testers. Looking for iphone 5/5c users. Required to have iPhone 5 or newer.​

Known Issues​

iPhone 6s and 6s Plus are crashing... We are working to fix this.​

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Ok.
    Fantastic 80s everything! Graphics, soundtrack, retro VHS look, car selection, icon....Nailed it. It's even got a Griswold family wagon.

My question is, why not have the car go straight by default and have it only turn when you hit left or right?
    I ask because right now it's only hard left or hard right so it ends up feeling like you're trying to control a car while really drunk.
    Not sure if that is what you're going for but I'm guessing people may find it too frustrating?
    Just my humble two cents.

3. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    It was aimed at being a single handed thumb tap style game. We wanted the game to be some what challenging. Felt that having to keep dodging vehicles by turning would accomplish this. Depending on how the release goes we might be adding an easier mode / different style of steering. Also in this version the police are a bit overpowered.

4. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    #4 vectorarchitekt, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    I see.
    Though lots of other games already do this, maybe you could have it be more of a swipe to change lanes game? I realize this would make it more of an 80s Dashy Crashy but...

Do the purchases work?

edit: I am starting to get used to the controls a bit more.

This game is really good.

5. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    I have found the swipe/tap to switch lanes can be some what boring. I was looking for something a bit more fast paced. I think if we add any other style of control in later. It might be more of a joystick type of turning with more control over the vehicle.

Purchases are not fully enabled at this time.

6. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    That would be cool.
    So if I try to buy another car can I play with it even if the actual transaction doesn't work?

Also, even with the battery saver this game makes my phone get really hot, just so you know.

7. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    If you get 100 coins you can win any of the cars that are list for sale. Any vehicle in the game is free.

Yeah. we need to do some testing with getting the game to run cooler. We might have to reduce the amount of action.

8. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Same here, everything is great but that drunken driver's style isn't the best idea to my point of view. There are a few other games that you can control with one finger and I think it would be better. I wouldn't want to play the game as it is now for a long time (it's kind of tiring for the eyes). Give if an option to play it with a normal move left move right without al those over drifting part and you'll get a great game.

9. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Changing lanes only would be super boring just like all those temple run copies that's for sure. I was hoping for something more similar to nitro (that race game on Amiga) or out run but with a different view.

10. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    By the way if the game is already on iTunes I'll definitely try it, I really love the artwork. Reminds me of K2000 or Magnum (those two tv drama)

11. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Thanks for the input, We will be looking into other steering options. It is not out yet on iTunes but if you PM me your email I can add you to the testflight group and you can try it now.

12. D4rkwolf

D4rkwolf Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Student
    In a house ^^
    Ooooh I would like to test! :D

13. stelluhreyesthis

stelluhreyesthis Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Would love to help beta test, this game is right up my alley.

14. orton1227

orton1227 Active Member

Nov 14, 2013
    I'll test too.

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Anything 80's is for me!

Beta request sent.

Billy

16. OOOOOOOQOO

OOOOOOOQOO Member

Sep 2, 2015
    How can I beta test?

17. Dazzy1975

Dazzy1975 Member

Mar 23, 2016
    Hi there this looks awesome would love to beta test if still available I have iPhone 6s.
    [email protected]
    All the best!!!!!!

18. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Due the increased interest for beta testing we have setup a simple form to make it easier to sign up.

Beta Invite Request

19. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Please ignore my form. I entered it before checking my email lol.

Ok I've been playing. How would you like feedback. I've already written down a few things I'd like to discuss. Is it ok to discuss it here or would you like private communication?

Billy

20. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Feel free to post in the thread. An open discussion is best. Let's other users also give their input.