★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

QuitIt! EP3 - Lumpy's Best Friend - Submitted!

10-07-2009, 12:26 PM
#1
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Zgrunturos and San Francisco
Posts: 595
QuitIt! EP3 - Lumpy's Best Friend - Submitted!

EP2 - Shock and Oww is now out! This is our first FREE update and we are already in production for EP3!

Lumpy suggested that we open up his Green Room on Touch Arcade to get some suggestions for features people would like to see in QuitIt!

Not sure what QuitIt! is? Check out this video to get an idea.


QI! is an episodic sandbox app where you can vent out a bit of stress on Lumpy, interact with Lumpy, play some minigames, and discover what secrets exist in the World!

Still not sure? Ask in this thread or send us an e-mail here.

One big thing we added to EP2 was something that people were asking for: Lumpy reactions to Pokers. With the help of people here on TA, we selected the first Poker to do this: the Joy Buzzer!

Lumpy told us he thought these reactions to specific Pokers "expanded his horizons in acting". We later were visited by his Agent, who demanded that his Client have more "roles" like with the Joy Buzzer.

EP3 will add 3 new Lumpy animation reactions to pokers.

Two of them are the MJ Hand and Zombie Hand (this is a locked item in EP2). The last one we'll leave up to you guys! I'll post a movie later on that shows the difference between a fully pimped out Poker and one of the normal ones.

Post here to list which Pokers you'd like to see upgraded first. We'll have a poll on this later. We'll give out some promocodes for participation, just need to figure out the criteria for giving them out.

Here is the complete list of Pokers:


Pilot Episode Pokers



Pokers Added in EP2

To hopefully better understand the difference between how Lumpy reacts to Pokers, I may this quick little video.


I'm putting in the the first pass of Who's Bad, so I can show you a before and after video on that too soon.

If you have any other suggestions for things you'd like to see in EP3 or later episodes, post them! We have more plans on how to get you guys more actively involved in getting your ideas into QuitIt!

I'll also post more deets on EP3 in this thread too!

We'll also sneak in some promocodes in this thread and there too before EP3 comes out . So check back later....

Go to where the basketball court and arcade go 1 on 1 with Hoops Madness!

Last edited by mobileben; 10-09-2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Edited to make less (or more?) confusing
10-08-2009, 11:15 AM
#2
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,074
that trailer is the best. i was praying to god that the MJ hand would make a nice EEEHEEEE whilst poking. and you guys did it. i love you guys so much.

i personally think that the plunger needs to be pimped. not only does it need to be dirtier and perhaps slightly wet, it should have a suction type effect which could easily be done with a suction sound effect and the bump animation lumpy gets while being hit by the wrench.

what kind of films has lumpy starred in anyways? forrest lump? lumpy old men?

10-08-2009, 11:16 AM
#3
awesome!
The game looks like alot of fun! =]
I'll have to snag it when I can.

hopefully i'll be able to grab one of those promo codes! =]
10-08-2009, 11:36 AM
#4
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Zgrunturos and San Francisco
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoctors View Post
that trailer is the best. i was praying to god that the MJ hand would make a nice EEEHEEEE whilst poking. and you guys did it. i love you guys so much.

i personally think that the plunger needs to be pimped. not only does it need to be dirtier and perhaps slightly wet, it should have a suction type effect which could easily be done with a suction sound effect and the bump animation lumpy gets while being hit by the wrench.

what kind of films has lumpy starred in anyways? forrest lump? lumpy old men?
Thanks nodoctors! Lumpy got teary eyed and locked himself in the bathroom to regain composure! I'm gonna update the information on the contest, as it was brought to attention that it could be a tad ... errr ... confusing!

MJ actually has around 4 sounds he makes. We also pimped out his Poker already. Mebbe I'll accidentally post them here over the next few days, as they are already done!

You'll be happy to know that the plunger art asset is actually named Plunger_Clean. So I think you know that that means will come later . A suction mark could be easy to add we our new Welt 5000 simulator that we put into EP2. In the update, we also got in a few of the other Pokers that people voted on too, like the branding iron!

As far as films and other various programs Lumpy has been in ... the deets are a bit vague ... but future versions could have an unlocked "video vault" or something like that with pictures and info on Lumpy's past! Rumor has it we have something like that planned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatelakai117 View Post
awesome!
The game looks like alot of fun! =]
I'll have to snag it when I can.

hopefully i'll be able to grab one of those promo codes! =]

The game is a lot of fun! And it will get better over time!

I'll update the poker contest thingie in a few. There is something else I just discovered from Lumpy today that he's nudging me to post too ... when his royal Blueness says jump I have to ....

Go to where the basketball court and arcade go 1 on 1 with Hoops Madness!
10-08-2009, 11:45 AM
#5
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,074
ah i do remember you hinting at a dirtier plunger in the past...this makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

a gallery with some faux stills and movie posters of lumpy's past work would be so great!
10-08-2009, 12:00 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Zgrunturos and San Francisco
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoctors View Post
ah i do remember you hinting at a dirtier plunger in the past...this makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

a gallery with some faux stills and movie posters of lumpy's past work would be so great!
Hahahah ... I wonder if it would be too gross if the ... err ... dirty plunger leaves some remnants on Lumpy? Kinda like Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo?

Go to where the basketball court and arcade go 1 on 1 with Hoops Madness!
10-08-2009, 12:10 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileben View Post
Hahahah ... I wonder if it would be too gross if the ... err ... dirty plunger leaves some remnants on Lumpy? Kinda like Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo?
to be perfectly honest, i was contemplating on adding that to my previous post...but i just don't know if that's going way too far. then again, i think the mystery surprise gift could be considered a bit too far for some =x

it could just be a little brown scuff that disappears along with the lump...maybe you could animate a fly or two to fly around when the plunger is equipped. though, animating some flies should be the least or your worries with the next update.

Last edited by nodoctors; 10-08-2009 at 12:20 PM.
10-08-2009, 01:02 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Zgrunturos and San Francisco
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoctors View Post
to be perfectly honest, i was contemplating on adding that to my previous post...but i just don't know if that's going way too far. then again, i think the mystery surprise gift could be considered a bit too far for some =x

it could just be a little brown scuff that disappears along with the lump...maybe you could animate a fly or two to fly around when the plunger is equipped. though, animating some flies should be the least or your worries with the next update.
Hahaha ... I sort of felt the same way. I actually had a bit of "Submit Reply" remorse after clicking. I like the flies. Actually we could do a test run. We were thinking of making Ye Olde Turkey Leg leave a grease mark on Lumpy after impact.

Oh, and this just in.

Lumpy demanded this morn that I change our App Store icon to this!


More info was posted on that in this thread

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=28418

Now back to updating the info for the contest to get people some promocodes!

Go to where the basketball court and arcade go 1 on 1 with Hoops Madness!
10-08-2009, 06:27 PM
#9
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Zgrunturos and San Francisco
Posts: 595
Everyone, I just added images to my original post show everyone one the Pokers are, so they can have a better idea on what I'm talking about. I'll be working on a short movie to show the difference between the normal ones and the one's where Lumpy reacts differently towards it.

More deets coming soon. Think I hear Lumpy a callin'!

Go to where the basketball court and arcade go 1 on 1 with Hoops Madness!
10-09-2009, 03:16 PM
#10
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Zgrunturos and San Francisco
Posts: 595
Lumpy's EMOJI gift revealed! Details posted here

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?threadid=28418

Sorry for the delays, I'm working on getting up more info on the promocodes. If only there were more hours in the day!

Go to where the basketball court and arcade go 1 on 1 with Hoops Madness!