★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Connected - Promo codes for feedback

10-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Connected - Promo codes for feedback

Hi,

It's been a few months since I released my puzzle game Connected and I was wondering where to take it next.

I'd be really grateful for feedback from Touch Arcade members and have promo codes for anyone who'd like to take a look and let me know what they think.

I'm interested in first impressions as well so if you'd like a promo code, please take a look at Connected on the App Store and add a comment with your first impressions..

... Would you click the "Buy" button? If not what puts you off? ...

App Store Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=318523038&mt=8

Then if you'd like a promo code let me know and I'll send one over so you can take a closer look.

Thanks very much for your feedback.

Last edited by made-up software; 10-07-2009 at 02:16 PM.
10-07-2009, 02:00 PM
I bought this connect-the-pipe game a while ago. It's not a bad game or anything but it's tough to compete with all the other pipe games in the store.

10-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
I bought this connect-the-pipe game a while ago. It's not a bad game or anything but it's tough to compete with all the other pipe games in the store.
Thanks freedog, did you manage to complete it? how did you find the difficultly level? Any ideas to take it from 'not bad' to 'great'?
10-07-2009, 02:16 PM
I think you have a nice friendly app store description, however you need to change all the "stars" to something that displays correctly, either "*****" or "(5 stars) so there aren't all those boxes with the reviews.

The only thing I could think of would be to rewrite the nature of the description to something more serious, but I think how it is written fits the style/theme of the game.

If given a code, I would be happy to review it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
10-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by made-up software View Post
Thanks freedog, did you manage to complete it? how did you find the difficultly level? Any ideas to take it from 'not bad' to 'great'?
It needs more sound/music to go with it.
10-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
I think you have a nice friendly app store description, however you need to change all the "stars" to something that displays correctly, either "*****" or "(5 stars) so there aren't all those boxes with the reviews.

The only thing I could think of would be to rewrite the nature of the description to something more serious, but I think how it is written fits the style/theme of the game.

If given a code, I would be happy to review it!
Thanks, I didn't know those stars didn't show up properly, I'll definitely fix that. I'll pm you a promo code now.
10-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Looks like a good game, I'd buy it for sure. I'm probally going to do like that soon.
10-07-2009, 02:28 PM
I don't own your game, but I'll share my initial impressions from looking at it in the app store.

I think one of the problems is that the colors look kind of drab. The textured brown color of the unrevealed tiles is not very appealing to look at. It reminds me of the fiberboard used in the construction of cheap furniture (like my computer desk!) Maybe a different background would be more visually appealing.

The same with the icon. In comparison, check out the icon for a similar game, iPlumber It is appealing to look at (although the screenshots for the game itself are a bit too colorful!)

The reviews for your game are pretty good, so it could be that your game is just not eyecatching enough to set it apart from the others. I also noticed that your game did not come up when I used the search terms "connect pipes" but iPlumber did. So maybe that's another thing to consider.

Anyway, I'd be willing to write a review in the app store if you decide to send me a promo code. Hope my initial impressions help...
10-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
I don't see any boxes with the reviews. It's displayed correctly on my screen...I see five stars.
Just FYI.
10-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkota View Post
The reviews for your game are pretty good, so it could be that your game is just not eyecatching enough to set it apart from the others. I also noticed that your game did not come up when I used the search terms "connect pipes" but iPlumber did. So maybe that's another thing to consider.

Anyway, I'd be willing to write a review in the app store if you decide to send me a promo code. Hope my initial impressions help...
Thanks for your first impressions, useful comments.. I did the graphics myself, but I was wondering if I should seek out some professional help to improve them. I'll pm you a code now so you can let me know what you think of the game itself.