★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: What happened last night!? Join our unlikely hero as he awakens in a dungeon with a sore head and no memory of how he got there.

Solve puzzles, battle monsters and survive bad jokes as you piece together events from the night before.

FEATURES:

* Rich and entertaining story
* Over 100+ levels of puzzle solving action
* Dynamic character upgrade system
* Daily gifts to help with your quest
* Epic Boss battles
* Special Boosts to unlock
* Upgradeable weapons
* Custom themed soundtrack
* Over 1000+ handsome tavern owners
* Multiple flavours of Orc Juice

touchy85's comments:

Good Knight Story

Turbo Chilli Pty Ltd
Genres: Games Board Adventure
Free

Quote:
What happened last night!? Join our unlikely hero as he awakens in a dungeon with a sore head and no memory of how he got there.

Solve puzzles, battle monsters and survive bad jokes as you piece together events from the night before.

FEATURES:

* Rich and entertaining story
* Over 100+ levels of puzzle solving action
* Dynamic character upgrade system
* Daily gifts to help with your quest
* Epic Boss battles
* Special Boosts to unlock
* Upgradeable weapons
* Custom themed soundtrack
* Over 1000+ handsome tavern owners
* Multiple flavours of Orc Juice

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.1

Download Size: 84.2MB

03-30-2016, 04:09 PM

Match 3 rpg with a nice story similar to the hangover movies. There's loot for your character, when you level up you gain stats and there are lots of references. I think it's good fun.

03-30-2016, 06:11 PM
Pretty fun little game, I'm a sucker for a good puzzle RPG, and for a f2p the IAP Are not at all obnoxious. Just extra gold. No timers or nagging to buy extra lives. Almost feels like a premium title to me.
03-30-2016, 07:16 PM
While the puzzle RPG genre has been hashed and rehashed (aka, I'm a bit over it) - I find this title to be quite enjoyable.. Funny dialogue, excellent graphics, ugly-cute monsters, clever upgrade system, enjoyable gameplay... Looking forward to spending some more time with this one..
03-30-2016, 07:34 PM
I'm afraid to get sucked into this. It's super easy now, but I see power-ups and equipment are all bought for a lot of gold, that I imagine will just keep ramping up. So there will always be that IAP carrot dangling.

Man...so wish it could have been premium.
03-30-2016, 07:35 PM
Match three yes please
03-30-2016, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
So there will always be that IAP carrot dangling.
Man...so wish it could have been premium.
I am an extremely frugal dude in real life, and it carries over to my gaming purchase-habits.. I also happen to love premium titles as much as the next guy.

Those dangling carrots don't bother me at all.. If I do give into these hanging orange veggies, it will only be to support the devs a bit. Otherwise, I think they did a fine job with going freemium. After all, they got me into the door, and I would not have spent money on the entry price of a premium match 3.

And.. They are making (a bit) of money from me already... I have been watching the videos that double my coin earnings after each run, which is completely optional and is not pushed into my face by any means..

Last edited by JohnnyClash; 03-30-2016 at 08:09 PM.
03-30-2016, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyClash View Post
I am an extremely frugal dude in real life, and it carries over to my gaming purchase-habits.. I also happen to love premium titles as much as the next guy.

Those dangling carrots don't bother me at all.. If I do give into these hanging orange veggies, it will only be to support the devs a bit. Otherwise, I think they did a fine job with going freemium. After all, they got me into the door, and I would not have spent money on the entry price of a premium match 3.
I've bought plenty of premium match-3's, but clearly I'm in the minority since so few devs are willing to go there.
I never have and never will spend money on consumable IAPs.
I'm also turned off by games that let you buy unlimited power-ups using gold (translate: cash).

Since this doesn't seem to have any competitive aspect to it and there's just a story mode, no endless mode, I'll probably play it until it feels like it's trying to get me to buy IAP. If it had been an endless game with leaderboards, I'd have deleted it already.
03-30-2016, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
I never have and never will spend money on consumable IAPs.
I'm also turned off by games that let you buy unlimited power-ups using gold (translate: cash).

Since this doesn't seem to have any competitive aspect to it and there's just a story mode, no endless mode, I'll probably play it until it feels like it's trying to get me to buy IAP. If it had been an endless game with leaderboards, I'd have deleted it already.
Yeah, I am with you on that one.. I can count on one hand the consumable iap's that I have purchased.. A 'starter pack' or 30 day gem pack is about my limit, and these are very few and far between..

I will also, most likely, delete this game at the same point that you mentioned.. But until then, I will go for the ride and watch a few quick commercials along the way.. lol..

Games like this are like cheap dime-store novels to me.. Tasty, fun while they last, disposable, and always replaced at some point with something else..

I am not hating on this title by any means, though.. I do enjoy its mechanics and humor..
03-30-2016, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyClash View Post
Yeah, I am with you on that one.. I can count on one hand the consumable iap's that I have purchased.. A 'starter pack' or 30 day gem pack is about my limit, and these are very few and far between..

I will also, most likely, delete this game at the same point that you mentioned.. But until then, I will go for the ride and watch a few quick commercials along the way.. lol..

Games like this are like cheap dime-store novels to me.. Tasty, fun while they last, disposable, and always replaced at some point with something else..

I am not hating on this title by any means, though.. I do enjoy its mechanics and humor..
So far, the mechanics seem very simple, nothing too deep. Although it's possible the game is just taking it's time getting to the good stuff, baby steps like most of these.
I do like the humor and story a lot more than, say, Hero Emblems'. I would not have stuck with Hero Emblems just for the story, but this I might. Will see if the rest of it holds my attention, though.