★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Swift Apps
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 132.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: *** Download Hot Trigger today while it's 50% off for a very limited time ***

BEST SLOW MOTION SHOOTER ON THE APP STORE
First person shooter where you can control time. Defeat your enemies and use time to your advantage. Use multiple weapons, explore huge levels and master your skills to complete deadly missions!

- Advanced slow-motion mechanics
-Mesmerizing 3D environment
-Cutting edge graphics
-Massive and challenging levels
-Variety of extreme weapons
-Easy controls and smooth gameplay

CONTROLLING THE TIME
When youre standing still the time moves very slowly but if you make just a little move the time immediately speeds up. When youre shooting youre also speeding the time up so be very careful.

TOUCH SCREEN CONTROLS
To move in any direction you have to use joystick in the bottom left corner. To look around you can swipe anywhere on the screen. If you want to shoot just use button in bottom right corner. Pause button is situated in the top left corner.

GRAPHICS AND QUALITY SETTINGS
Youll be amazed by top notch graphics including real time light effects, laser sharp animations and destructible environment. The graphics quality will be automatically detected for your device, however you can change it in the settings menu. To visit settings click the screw button in bottom left corner in main menu scene.
04-02-2016, 09:23 AM
This is a surprisingly polished and competent Superhot clone. For those not familiar with that indie darling, it's basically a FPS with a cool gimmick: when you are not moving or shooting, time slows down to a crawl. That makes for a more tactical, almost puzzle-like shooter experience, one that, I would argue, is perfectly suited for mobile.

Should make it clear that the game is pretty hardcore: I'm only 5 levels in and I've died a lot. Overall, though, the gameplay feels fair and most of my deaths have come from carelessness and/or bad planning. I should also note that I haven't played Superhot -- know it only by reputation -- so I can't say how close the Hot Trigger experience is. On it's own, though, it's pretty darn fun.

04-04-2016, 05:42 PM
I posted this over the weekend, so there's a chance that it got missed by folks. In any event, I've had a chance to play further, and the game is still pretty darn impressive -- if a little short. Definitely one for the "premium-only" crowd.
04-05-2016, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I posted this over the weekend, so there's a chance that it got missed by folks. In any event, I've had a chance to play further, and the game is still pretty darn impressive -- if a little short. Definitely one for the "premium-only" crowd.
Thank you for posting this and giving your feedback.
Played an early demo of Superhot back in the days, and the game is freaking amazing.
The current price of Superhot on PC puts me off because of it's short length.

And even if this clone itself is short, I think 99 cents is barely even premium for that matter when looking at the screenshots and reading your feedback.
So, this is a dream come true and therefor an instabuy!

Surprised not more people here have shown any interest thus far.
Either way, I will post my impressions here at some point as well. ^___^

iPhone 4 -> Galaxy S4 -> OnePlus One -> iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Gray... it's good to be back!
Primary gaming device: iPad Air 2 64GB Space Gray
Equine with vulpine tendencies.
04-05-2016, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
Thank you for posting this and giving your feedback.
Played an early demo of Superhot back in the days, and the game is freaking amazing.
The current price of Superhot on PC puts me off because of it's short length.

And even if this clone itself is short, I think 99 cents is barely even premium for that matter when looking at the screenshots and reading your feedback.
So, this is a dream come true and therefor an instabuy!

Surprised not more people here have shown any interest thus far.
Either way, I will post my impressions here at some point as well. ^___^
Hope you enjoy it. I changed the title of the thread yesterday to try and get the attention of folks who know Superhot. Frankly, I'm curious to hear how it compares with its inspiration.
04-05-2016, 06:51 AM
I've had this for a few weeks and I like it. It does get pretty tough but that's a good thing.

The controls work perfectly too.

Billy
04-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Just bought. I'd noticed the thread a while back but I never usually show a lot of interest in clone-likes. If this one has good level design and brings some new things to the board than Super Hot I won't regret the purchase. Otherwise...
04-05-2016, 01:55 PM
It's different than Superhot.

In Superhot, it's more like you're executing an action sequence in slow-mo with close and long range combat, and then watching it in normal speed after your done.

This is more like like a straight forward shooter with a similar slow-mo mechanic.

However this game is much more difficult than Superhot right off the bat, because the bullets in that game stand still in mid air when your not moving, in this game, they move pretty fast even when you're not moving, so you will be getting hit if you're not super careful, whereas in Superhot you have more time to maneuver.

When I first played Superhot I was amazed and really felt like I was playing something with a new and fresh mechanic, plus the whole concept and story were really original.

I'm not getting the same vibe with this, it's totally different other than the time stopping when your not moving part. Also to be noted , long range aiming is really annoying in this game.

If you're looking for a Superhot clone, you will not find it here.

Superhot is on Android I believe, so there's a big chance it will be coming to IOS soon, in that case I would advise to wait for that.
04-05-2016, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by proof21 View Post
It's different than Superhot.

In Superhot, it's more like you're executing an action sequence in slow-mo with close and long range combat, and then watching it in normal speed after your done.

This is more like like a straight forward shooter with a similar slow-mo mechanic.

However this game is much more difficult than Superhot right off the bat, because the bullets in that game stand still in mid air when your not moving, in this game, they move pretty fast even when you're not moving, so you will be getting hit if you're not super careful, whereas in Superhot you have more time to maneuver.

When I first played Superhot I was amazed and really felt like I was playing something with a new and fresh mechanic, plus the whole concept and story were really original.

I'm not getting the same vibe with this, it's totally different other than the time stopping when your not moving part. Also to be noted , long range aiming is really annoying in this game.

If you're looking for a Superhot clone, you will not find it here.

Superhot is on Android I believe, so there's a big chance it will be coming to IOS soon, in that case I would advise to wait for that.
I need to pick up Superhot for my Mac so I can see the differences first hand, but what you are describing doesn't gel with the reviews I've read or the videos I've seen. As far as i understand it, in Superhot times moves when you are moving, and slows down to a crawl when you are not -- exactly like Hot Trigger. I would say that the mechanic feels fresh here, at least compared with other FPS. As I mentioned before, it also feels like a great fit for a touchscreen.

As far as long range aiming -- well, it should be difficult, though I agree that the aiming controls are a tad sensitive.

I can't find any evidence that Superhot is out on Android, at least legitimately. And I haven't heard of any plans for an iOS version.
04-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Played it for 6 missions. Never played the game drawn inspiration from.

Game is very short. Each level completion time and total 12 missions.

The graphics are great! Control is alright (and need of MFi controller support is written all over it)

Game play is quite fresh and very enjoyable. Love the point one-shot kill, one weapon at a time and the need to duck.

Downside: it is a battery drainer.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)