★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Texas Wuggle - Poker, But Not As You Know It

10-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Texas Wuggle - Poker, But Not As You Know It

Hi Touch Arcade forumers!

Dave here from Ink Media, on behalf of independent developer 4J Studios (Banjo Kazooie XBLA) based up in the cold nether regions of Scotland

Just a heads up that 4J's latest iPhone title, Texas Wuggle will be hitting app store this month. It's a neat twist on poker, chucking in a Scrabble twist that sees you furiously trying to make as many winning poker hands as possible from cards floating around the screen.

You have to earn cash hustling the back alleys and seedy diners to work your way up to the millionaire's club in Las Vegas for that one big, final score.

It's a neat concept, but it's much easier if I just show you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reO-ZVk9gPY - (Official 4J Youtube channel)

We hope you will agree that it looks like a neat concept

It's based on their original IP Wuggle, which is due for a big re-release and update soon. But you can pick it up on iTunes for 59p/99c now. It's a neat word puzzle game that plays similarly to Texas Wuggle.

Here's the new (very tounge in cheek!) Wuggle video that just went live today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfzrONdZjc0

Thanks guys, remember, 4J are independent so any feedback you have on the concepts will be listened to and considered for future updates.

Cheers guys

Dave

Texas Wuggle - Coming soon to iTunes (Late October)
Wuggle - Out now - Wuggle, verb, meaning to play with or to arrange letters - Do YOU Wuggle?
10-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Hi guys, Dave again here from Ink Media, hope you're all doing good today.

Just a wee note to let you know that Texas Wuggle is on iTunes now at 59p/99c.

Once again, it's a cracking litte Poker app with a refreshing Scrabble twist. It's been getting some neat reviews so far. If any of you try it out, we'd love to hear your feedback as we really value what the players thin and it will help us create updates that tailor to your needs

Thanks again folks, have fun if you try the game

Dave

Texas Wuggle - Coming soon to iTunes (Late October)
Wuggle - Out now - Wuggle, verb, meaning to play with or to arrange letters - Do YOU Wuggle?
10-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Come on people, give this game a try

I am downloading here and will post impressions soon.
10-17-2009, 09:46 AM
This is really a nice twist on the poker games! I recommend to everyone.

I just miss resume play. Please add it to the next update!
10-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Great game Dave

I got this the day it came out and I find it very addictive.
I wasn't a big fan of the word version, but after really enjoying this game so much, I'm putting it back on my iPod to have another go.

Keep up the great work!
More themes/card types are always welcome

I'll be leaving an iTunes 5 star review as well this weekend, as this IS a five star game all the way!
09-26-2011, 03:57 AM
Does anyone know if TexasWuggle is abandonware? Whatever happened to this game! I tried searching for it (having bought it two years ago) in the App Store, without success. It's either been pulled, retired, or abandoned, without explanation that I could find, from developers.

(BY MEREST CHANCE, I had saved a copy of the app in my old external hard drive)

Currently Playing: (iPad2) Angry Birds Space HD | MASS EFFECT™ INFILTRATOR | Hunters 2 | Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy | Flight Control Rocket | Azkend 2 HD: The World Beneath | rComplex | Zuma's Revenge HD | Rhianna Ford & The DaVinci Letter HD | Zepi:Spring HD | Reiner Knizia's Deck Buster | (iPhone) Doodle God™