★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: TheAPPera.com: "Pirate Or Ninja, Either Way... This Game's Great!"

SlidetoPlay.com: "Gorgeous graphics and animation"

AppVee.com: "...has some of the coolest art I have seen in a game..."

************ "Draw Slasher" ************
"Draw Slasher" is an survival action game in which you take control of a cute ninja fighting against Pirate Monkey Zombies. These monsters invade your peaceful island, and you are the only one, who can stop them!

Slash through your enemies in style known from countless Japanese anime, and movies!

Cut off your opponents heads, hands, legs - whatever you want! Slash them to pieces and never stop the mayhem!

Hack your opponent and reappear behind his back. Do it over and over and make the biggest combo ever seen without being wounded once!

Features:
- Gameplay modes: survival, waves, hardcore, classic
- OpenFeint lederboards
- Dozens of achievements
- Opportunities to make unbelievable (100+) combos
- Black & white sketch graphics
- Lots of gore and cut off limbs!
- Easy, but fun fighting mechanics
- Pirate Monkey Zombies!

Expansion Pack features:
- New fighting arena (Sakura garden): Hack and slash in a garden covered by fallen Sakura petals

-Three survival modes: easy (15 stages), medium (30 stages), hard (45 stages). In each, you have to endure a certain number of levels. You can't replenish your health by standing still. Instead you get health points between stages. The more, and bigger combos you make, the more health you regain.
10-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Toftt.

10-07-2009, 07:29 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
Toftt.
Awesome Seishu, u teh offishul king uv toft

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
10-07-2009, 07:34 PM
looks pretty cool
10-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Looks REALLY cool. New twist of side-scrolling action. Love the artwork too.

10-07-2009, 07:46 PM
This is fun. A mixture of monsterkill and Zombieville but with a ninja.

Hi there!
10-07-2009, 07:51 PM
eggzbacon - thanks for this topic.

Enjoy our game!

Youtube link | Pop Up
10-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Impressions

What do you get when you combine ninjas, pirates, zombies, and monkeys?
-Something so obscure, so strange, and so unique.

Draw Slasher is a very neat game, though it gets very repetitive and eventually might get a little boring. Basically you, a ninja, move around in the same area fighting off zombie monkey pirates. You use the arrows to move, or just touch on either side of the screen. Then to defend yourself you swipe across the screen cutting anything in your path. You get points depending on where you cut the zombies, and how many zombies you kill with one swipe.
While this sounds pretty monotonous, you can mix things up a bit by trying out all kinds of neat "cuts" as you progress through each level. One of the things I enjoy, is swiping up in the air and quickly back down, cutting the zombie in half vertically or at least slicing it's hands off.

The art in the game is very nice though, especially the black and white scenes with splashes of red. The only thing that may put some people off is the fact that there is only one area to fight in, and there aren't any incentives to keep progressing other than high scores. It'd be nice to get some kind of shop to buy new armors or weapons, and it'd also be nice to get some enemies that don't die in one swipe.

Overall for $0.99 I'd say it's worth it, even though it falls short of some similar games.

Last edited by Seishu; 10-07-2009 at 07:55 PM.
10-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Send a message via MSN to K7A7O7S Send a message via Yahoo to K7A7O7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
What do you get when you combine ninjas, pirates, zombies, and monkeys?
-Something so obscure, so strange, and so unique.

Draw Slasher is a very neat game, though it gets very repetitive and eventually might get a little boring. Basically you, a ninja, move around in the same area fighting off zombie monkey pirates. You use the arrows to move, or just touch on either side of the screen. Then to defend yourself you swipe across the screen cutting anything in your path. You get points depending on where you cut the zombies, and how many zombies you kill with one swipe.
While this sounds pretty monotonous, you can mix things up a bit by trying out all kinds of neat "cuts" as you progress through each level. One of the things I enjoy, is swiping up in the air and quickly back down, cutting the zombie in half vertically or at least slicing it's hands off.

The art in the game is very nice though, especially the black and white scenes with splashes of red. The only thing that may put some people off is the fact that there is only one area to fight in, and there aren't any incentives to keep progressing other than high scores. It'd be nice to get some kind of shop to buy new armors or weapons, and it'd also be nice to get some enemies that don't die in one swipe.

Overall for $0.99 I'd say it's worth it, even though it falls short of some similar games.

I agree. Does anyone know if they plan on adding content through updates? This could be a great game with some boss' or more maps.

edit: Nvm,I guess there are some kind of boss'

Plus+ ID: HeadShotBot
Open Feint ID: OneArmBearKilla
Gameloft Live ID: HeadShotBot

Last edited by K7A7O7S; 10-07-2009 at 08:01 PM.
10-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Creation View Post
eggzbacon - thanks for this topic.

Enjoy our game!

YouTube: video
Welcome to TA, your game looks awesome