★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Chameleon Run is a unique, fast and challenging autorunner with a colorful twist. Jump, switch and run through expertly crafted levels that will have you running back for more.

Your goal is to switch your color to match the ground as you run and jump from platform to platform. Sounds easy right? Well think again!

Features

- Fast paced running, jumping and switching colors
- Fun jumping mechanics like "double jump" and "head jump"
- Pixel perfect physics
- Stylish, super smooth and colorful graphics
- Non-linear levels with 3 special objectives in each one
- Compete for the fastest time on each level
- Simple two button controls

Boardumb's comments:

04-06-2016, 02:51 PM
First impressions are really great, very smooth everything, I would say the first two levels are worth the asking price alone, complete with the full Gamecenter treatment if it's working that is ha ha, mine is now after the factory reset three weeks ago.

If you like these kind of games it's an easy reccomondation.

04-06-2016, 02:57 PM
Hey Ryan,
Is it possible to switch the jump/color 'buttons'? I simply can't play having the jump on the right side. I remember this from TA's GDC video. I want to make this my third buy this week, against my usual tpgpw rule.

Good luck!

Oh, or can you confirm this, Roger, please?

My 2016 GOTY contenders...
Lost in Harmony, Lost Socks, NO THING, Loop Mania

Last edited by Qwertz555; 04-06-2016 at 02:59 PM.
04-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Awesome
04-06-2016, 03:21 PM

Really good game . I'd marry any girl who looks as good as this game . Controls are fantastic, just like the flow of the levels. Difficulty curve is really good as well. The only things that are not that great is the framerate. It's kind of all over the place, sometimes the fps is super smooth and then I retry and run at the same place, the framerate drops. And when I try to pauze the game, the game freezes. Besides that, fantastic game.
04-06-2016, 03:30 PM
What device are you using touchy? Maybe it's something to do with the recording set-up? No issues here.

Love this game. Really simple, really fun, perfect implementation of the game mechanics and I just love how everything's so cheery and colorful and inviting. Also perfect for people with colorblindness.

Qwertz, no...you can't switch over the controls. (Also, sorry for not getting back to you...literally just saw your PM. )

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
04-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
What device are you using touchy? Maybe it's something to do with the recording set-up? No issues here.

Love this game. Really simple, really fun, perfect implementation of the game mechanics and I just love how everything's so cheery and colorful and inviting. Also perfect for people with colorblindness.

Qwertz, no...you can't switch over the controls. (Also, sorry for not getting back to you...literally just saw your PM. )
iPad Air 2, got these issues off and on recording. I'm on an ancient iOS version, that might the problem.
04-06-2016, 03:35 PM
What an awesome trippy feeling game. Glad it's not a twitch game. (Seizure) 16 levels, and if this sells well I bet they will add more levels! Definitely will be featured tomorrow.
04-06-2016, 03:54 PM
How chaotic is this? Looks awesome and will probably buy regardless.
04-06-2016, 04:01 PM
No thought. Instamatic