★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Calin Matney
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 38.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Star Harvest is an arcade style, top-down game about... well, harvesting stars!

As an employee of the glorious conglomerate Star Harvest Inc, it is your job to harvest the energy given off by the horrible heat-death of a star gone supernova. In order to get that energy, you'll need to feed all the bits of matter you can find in the system to that star. The increased mass will then cause the star to EXPLODE! No really, we've done the research and the science totally checks out.

Take on contracts, earn space moneys, and upgrade your ship (at a generous 0.0001% company discount).

Your only opposition is the meddlesome Galaxy Defense Force. Their feeble ships will try to stop you (emphasis on the word try) but they only delay the inevitable. DOOM!!!

Features
+ top-down, arcade-style action
+ randomly generated levels
+ 6 contracts/game modes to take on. More to come.
+ 1-3mins playtime per game
+ GameCenter Integration

Learn more about Naked Chicken Games & Star Harvest at www.calinmatney.com/StarHarvest

Boardumb's comments:

04-06-2016, 03:39 PM
Star Harvest - Doom For Profit

As an employee of the glorious conglomerate Star Harvest Inc, it is your job to harvest the energy given off by the horrible heat-death of a star gone supernova. In order to get that energy, you'll need to feed all the bits of matter you can find in the system to that star. The increased mass will then cause the star to EXPLODE! No really, we've done the research and the science totally checks out.

Now Available on the App Store

Website

Press Site

Contact

Trailer

04-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Looks really good
04-06-2016, 04:44 PM
I've been playing.

There's one single IAP to make it premium. I paid. It's an interesting concept and the gameplay changes on you.

The only thing is the devs need to tweak the ads. For new players who haven't paid yet, before I even got to play the tutorial I was greeted by a full screen video ad. They need to not make that happen. You shouldn't get full screen ads before you can even play.

But other than that there is no other IAP. It's $2 to disable the ads you you play and earn money for a ton of upgrades. It's great. Great gameplay.

Billy
04-06-2016, 05:27 PM
The more I play this the the more I like it. The missions are really varied. You are doing all sorts of stuff but the missions aren't long so they are meant for mobile.

For instance let me give a few examples:

A systems star is exploding and they are evacuating. You have to change the orbits of the planets so they don't get incinerated before the star finally blows.

Enemy ships send mass drainers to lower the mass of the star you are harvesting so you have to kill them with a mega beam weapon as fast as possible.

You have to collect comets and change their trajectories to crash into the star you are harvesting while fighting off pirates trying to stop you.

These are just a few examples.

Billy
04-06-2016, 06:54 PM
Thanks, I'm glad y'all are enjoying it. If you have ideas/requests for new level types, I'm all ears. I'd like to eventually port this over to Android/Windows as well and some new game modes and abilities will probably be part of that update.
04-06-2016, 07:13 PM
Shaping up a busy night of releases. Looks cool, I'll play.
04-06-2016, 09:47 PM
Where did this wonder of digital diviness come from?!

Wow, what an amazing AMAZING game! Seriously, what a come out of nowhere treat this is!!!

I'm loving the whole concept, graphical artwork, and gameplay! Totally made my week!

Thanks for such great art/game style!!!

Love this!!!
04-06-2016, 10:04 PM
Is this an endless game? I've done a hell of a lot of missions. Seriously, I've sunk 2 hours into this today. I'm still going.

I haven't even started working on upgrading the weapons yet!

I'll be honest. I do wish we had a permanent basic weapon. Sometimes I just want to blast the shit out of those little triangle things. Screw trying to crash them into the sun. I want blood lol. If you could add a persistent basic weapon it would be cool.

How about saving convoys coming from the planets. Or having is actually remove mass from the star to give them more time to get away. Missions to be helpful.

Could you also put on the screen a counter of how many pulses we have left charged?

Billy

Last edited by LordShad0wz; 04-06-2016 at 10:22 PM.
04-07-2016, 01:59 AM
A very good game!