★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Oh noes! The Evil Overlord has stolen your Energy Beams and is about to rule the galaxy! Only you can help, become the hero now!

Fly through gorgeous galaxies, space stations and nebulas in this action-packed space shoot 'em up. Gear up for all sorts of asteroids, obstacles and enemies and travel at the Speed of Light!

FEATURES:
:: 10 beautiful and rich Galaxies!
:: Plenty of Guns and Gear to upgrade!
:: Lots of different obstacles and enemies!
:: iCloud Backup - sync between devices!
:: Story like no other!
:: Leaderboards and Achievements!

For more info:
http://www.facebook.com/parttimemonkey

Part Time Monkey's comments:
Hey peeps! I'm happy to tell you as an indie developer that my third game, Space Bang, launched today!

Apple is showing some love with feature highlights here and there so ... excited!

Hopefully you like it too!

https://itunes.apple.com/app/space-bang/id1072777731

04-07-2016, 01:48 PM
Hell Yeah!

This game rocks! I love it. No timers or forced ads. Great gameplay and simple but effective controls. Lots of upgrades to obtain as well.

3 things dev,

Please add an IAP to double the shards earned.

Does this game automatically save to iCloud? If you are asking for consumable IAP iCloud save back up is a must to protect purchases.

Please add an IAP for the 2 free continues. When you run out of opt in ads you are screwed.

People really need to play this game. It is really fun!

Billy

04-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Hey Billy, thanks for the great feedback!

What do you think would be a good price point for the shard doubler?

Right now it doesnt have the backup thing as I'm not a super advanced programmer but I realize now how important it is, so I will definitely look into it.

The last request I fully understand, but from monetization point of view that is likely the way the game is going to make any money. Many will probably not buy shards anyway... But what I will look into is to add more ad networks (now it only has Unity Ads) so that you wouldn't run out of ads as early as you do now. They do reset daily so you can come back the next day to use the continues again.

Last edited by Part Time Monkey; 04-07-2016 at 02:12 PM.
04-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Id say the dollar or $1.99 price point would be good. I'd definitely do the $1.99 price point but you know how people can get.

You definitely should get the iCloud back up at some point. I'm glad you are going to look into it. Atleast with the shard doubler I could hit a restore button.

I've already run out of ads. I can no longer continue. And I played less than an hour. If there was a permanent solution I could purchase and restore I'd be happy. I'm glad you will be seeking out 2nd ad networks.

I really like the game. You should put enemies that fire back at you at some point too. I do want to spend money on your game.

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part Time Monkey View Post
Hey Billy, thanks for the great feedback!

What do you think would be a good price point for the shard doubler?

Right now it doesnt have the backup thing as I'm not a super advanced programmer but I realize now how important it is, so I will definitely look into it.

The last request I fully understand, but from monetization point of view that is likely the way the game is going to make any money. Many will probably not buy shards anyway... But what I will look into is to add more ad networks (now it only has Unity Ads) so that you wouldn't run out of ads as early as you do now. They do reset daily so you can come back the next day to use the continues again.
04-07-2016, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
Id say the dollar or $1.99 price point would be good. I'd definitely do the $1.99 price point but you know how people can get.

You definitely should get the iCloud back up at some point. I'm glad you are going to look into it. Atleast with the shard doubler I could hit a restore button.

I've already run out of ads. I can no longer continue. And I played less than an hour. If there was a permanent solution I could purchase and restore I'd be happy. I'm glad you will be seeking out 2nd ad networks.

I really like the game. You should put enemies that fire back at you at some point too. I do want to spend money on your game.

Billy
I agree with LordShadOwz on that. I might grab this, but as it is, I think I'm gonna hold off on this one if and until the dev implements a different monetization system such as (above).
04-07-2016, 06:11 PM
No really the game is a crap ton of fun as is. Definitely download and play!

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
I agree with LordShadOwz on that. I might grab this, but as it is, I think I'm gonna hold off on this one if and until the dev implements a different monetization system such as (above).
04-08-2016, 01:29 AM
Thanks guys again!

Alright, this is what the next update will at least have:

- Shard doubler IAP ($1.99)
- iCloud backup feature
- New Galaxy: Rings of Doom!
- All Galaxies slightly easier
- Nebulae Galaxy a lot easier (it was way too hard!)
- Galaxy unlocking cheaper (about 10%)
- Pod has more health on all upgrade levels
- Easier tutorial

And if I can, I will put in more ad networks so you don't run out of the continue ads.

I want to get this out as soon as possible, and you know it might be slow to work with ad network providers. So more ads -feature depends on them...

Let me know what you think.
04-08-2016, 05:32 AM
Want to know what I think?

I just purchased two of the $1.99 shard packs.

I have faith you will do what you will say. You have earned my money. And I'll definitely be buying that shard doubler!

I'm stuck on that one mission with the meteor storm. Holy shit it's hard to get out of the way of those things lol. Nice job. Lol.

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part Time Monkey View Post
Thanks guys again!

Alright, this is what the next update will at least have:

- Shard doubler IAP ($1.99)
- iCloud backup feature
- New Galaxy: Rings of Doom!
- All Galaxies slightly easier
- Nebulae Galaxy a lot easier (it was way too hard!)
- Galaxy unlocking cheaper (about 10%)
- Pod has more health on all upgrade levels
- Easier tutorial

And if I can, I will put in more ad networks so you don't run out of the continue ads.

I want to get this out as soon as possible, and you know it might be slow to work with ad network providers. So more ads -feature depends on them...

Let me know what you think.
04-08-2016, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
Want to know what I think?

I just purchased two of the $1.99 shard packs.

I have faith you will do what you will say. You have earned my money. And I'll definitely be buying that shard doubler!

I'm stuck on that one mission with the meteor storm. Holy shit it's hard to get out of the way of those things lol. Nice job. Lol.

Billy
Thanks a lot Billy, you don't know how much I appreciate that!

I'm now finishing up with the iCloud backup functionality, seems to be working quite nicely even between devices.

I hope I could submit the new version already next week, so it would be out within 4 weeks. You know, the submission review takes a while. But hopefully I don't lose you before that!

If the hard one is Nebulae, it should get quite much easier with the update too. All the other Galaxies also are easier, as I realized that I might've been playing the game too much compared to new users.
04-08-2016, 05:52 AM
Hmmmm I might consider also adding that IAP to remove the ads from the Continue feature.

Do you think I would seem too greedy if I put that as an $1.99 IAP as well?